Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the bone warrior




Baxter's reaction to his stickier dilemmas go something like this - bark at it, bark, bark at it more, back up, bark, bark at it, get closer, and yes, bark at it more. Bark, maybe from a different direction, and bark at it more. Bark bark bark. Til finally temptation brings out the brave little boy who can resist no longer, and he tackles his problem head on.

I was thinking this cool wire cage I scored on sale at Pottery Barn yesterday would be swell for displaying pupperina necklaces come August, but now I see that here in this latitude where the heat and humidity makes it feel like a wasteland outside, my future display conveniently serves as my barky boy's very own milkbone thunderdome.

This summer, we don't need another hero, we just need another milkbone.

7 comments:

A MilShelb Mom said...

We bark at things too!! :) Glad Baxter got his bone!
~Milly and Shelby

Anonymous said...

You are a brave one, Baxter!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Bone in a Basket. I think that would be a fun game.

Bludog said...

But let me just tell you how many compliments I got on my very own Pupperina over the last few days ... LOTS and LOTS! So, don't give up on your display piece either.

Lorenza said...

Good job, Baxter!
I am not so brave to do that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

Hehe. My favorite picture is the one where he's prancing away proudly with his prize. Too cute!

Sandra

kalyxcorn said...

yep, it's all about the "see ya!". he's so proud and prancey once he gets his prize! :)