Saturday, September 18, 2010

adventures in metalworking: lord of the bracelets

So Big Boyfriend is away, visiting family while tiny chumley and I hold down the fort. So far, I've been pretty good with the dishes, and I've even managed to take in the mail and newspaper rather than call to have it all held for when our pack is back together and life is as it should be. Everything is relatively normal, save for the facts that we miss him, that chumley shifts into extra barky protector mode at the slightest noise, and of course, that I lose all track of time doing all things crafty.

Messin with metals with enough time to spare to load them on Etsy was the name of the game yesterday. Tiny bits of metal shavings flew everywhere while I drilled and hammered the day away. Background noise for Baxter, really, who spent most of his day lazing in the sun, and peering out at all the critters attracted by the sprinkler outside.

As his luck would have it, by the time I finished my projects and looked over to my sleepy boy, my mind didn't go down the same pathway that it did a year before. This year, no unneutered adventures in felting, but rather a regal look for my sleepy little friend. This year, I give you Baxter, elfin Lord of the Bracelets!



Oh yeah, here's a peekypoo at what I just loaded over at the kalyxcraftopia Etsy shop. Pretty baubles inspired by the prom, but with a very modern metals twist. Because everybody can use a little happy on their wrist. :)

10 comments:

Jiorji said...

those are so pretty!! i want to learn to do metalsmithing! it's so interesting.

Agnes B. Bullock said...

All Hail Lord Baxter!!!! Who will be his Queen? (Ginger wants to apply for that job)

kalyxcorn said...

hi jiorji! i hear ya on the metalworking - it's its own kind of fun! you should totally check it out - so many possibilities, even with limited tools and resources! :)

hee hee - mom says i am still too young to have a girlfriend much less a queen! boy, when will I ever be old enough? :) b ...oh by the way, mom just wanted to make sure she didn't miss anything regarding pics for the fit models? totally at your convenience if they haven't been done or a big big sorry if she missed them and could u send again if so?

Anonymous said...

Uh oh - Can you delete The above from Nancy's clubhouse please . .
There's an oops... Thanks :-)

Nancy & Hildy

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter and Mom!
Looks like you had a very productive day!
The bracelets are soooo beautiful!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee - done, nancy n hildy! but still, all hail Kalyxia and long live the wiener dog!! :)

Kerri said...

That sleepy face makes me want to take another nap!

Anonymous said...

LOL!
We love Baxter!
(oh, we said that already . . .)

P.S. We love Baxter!

Anonymous said...

LOL!
We love Baxter!
(oh, we said that already . . .)

P.S. We love Baxter!

angie said...

gorgeous! wish i wore bracelets! working on a computer has forced me to stop wearing anything on my wrists - too much clanking on the desk.