Tuesday, October 26, 2010

home improvement

dear diary,
looky looky! u know the raised beds surrounding the deck in my backyard? the ones i like to run around in looking for bunnies that might be under the deck? well this past weekend my mom n my uncle made it a safer place for me and replaced all the rotting wood and even lowered it so i wouldn't have to jump so high, which will really help when i am in hot pursuit if ya know what i mean. the only thing that wasn't so swell is that i had to stay on the deck all the time on account of all the power tools n stuff, and i was rather put out with that. cuz i'm really not as little as my mom thinks i am. and i think i would be pretty good at bringing them tools - well okay, not the big yellow thing - but u know, hammers n pens n rulers n all the stuff that ends up falling on the ground.



oh well. maybe i can help with the next project, cuz i heard that we are going to replace some dead shrubs and i totally know how to dig. in fact, today, i made this big hole all by myself!



well, it is time for mom to wash my paws so toodles for now! -b

7 comments:

M.A said...

uh oh Bax, your paws are all dirty again- do I see a bath coming your way again?

Tris and Ivy's mum said...

Aww Baxter you're so handsome and so smart and clever too. DIY would be no problem for you to help with I am sure.

Anonymous said...

You have a great Uncle, Baxter! Now those squirrels had better watch out!

kitchen cabinets said...

What a cutie! Looks like he's a big helper :)

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee - oh i am a helper alright. u should have seen how i scared the fertilizer guy away today. it took like a lot of barking while mom was on the phone and that guy kinda walked around for a while, but then he left, so my barking totally worked and i plan to do it again the next time i see somebody. yep,that's me, totally fierce watchdog!

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
Sorry they did not let you help them!
But sure you made a pawesome hole there!
Dirty paws! I love that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Oh Baxter! you know my mom has a paw fetish don't you? You shoulda heard her squealing when she was those photos of your dirty feeties! You wanna trade moms? Mine is a little crazier than I like ;o)
Snuggles
Twix
PS: Nice digging!