Saturday, December 11, 2010

the long and short purse

Somebody at last weekend's show asked me what my inspiration was for making the purse style that seems to come naturally from my fingertips, and quite honestly, I had to say I didn't know. Whether in plaid or velvet, wool, or textural hand dye, this shape just seems right, time and time again.

But, in retrospect, there is something oddly familiar about the purse form that has become my standard, and I think it you can guess how my art may well imitate my life. One little chumley at a time.

7 comments:

Hannalei said...

yep yep .. you need to install the me likey day button. pronto :) ]
beautiful purse! and cute B too if I might say so myself!

firstyouleap said...

Love the purse but what is that on our noble nosed friend, Baxter? melinda and Jeeves

Stacey said...

Me LIKEY DAT!!! (Keep looking in your Etsy store for it, but no dice. )

HH and The Boys said...

Great purse... Does Baxter fit in it? That would be a great thing.

pawhugs, Max

M.A said...

Hehe- I love max's comment! Maybe you can make a long and short purse that can fit our little tweenie friends! That would solve a lot of our problems! We sometimes walk to Walmart or Target to pick up little things we need and one of us always has to stay outside because we have a dog- so if we had a bag, he can come along for the shopping experience! Just a thought...

kalyxcorn said...

hee - that one is way too small but the yoga mat bag i sometimes make might well do the trick if he weren't so heavy! (guess ther would be QUITE the reinforcement needed!)

http://kalyxcornucopia.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-cant-go.html

hee - now that I actually figured out how to ship the small one, I might make some to put on Etsy in the future. But it'll probably be a while - so many fun things to make and so little time! :)

kalyxcorn said...

oh, that is a gooey bit of rawhide. gooey cuz just minutes before it was jammed inside a kong toy and much to baxter's chagrin, he couldn't get it out after minutes and minutes of licking and chewing. so i helped him, but there was one last trick to do! :)