Tuesday, December 28, 2010

me likey dat: haflinger doxie slippers

dear diary,
even though i got some really cool things from santa this christmas, checky checky what my aunt robin and cousin henry gave to my mom. yep, super cool boiled wool doxie slippers from my ancestral homeland of germany!
they looked so cozy, i just had to try them out after my romps in the snow. and let me tell u, they're so nice i totally wish they made them in my size too. but for now, mom says we can share wearing them so long as i don't get all wolfy on them. which i think i can do because really, i can catch what i need to out back now. wait, did i tell u about that yet? guess i will have to save it for another day, cuz i hear the snow is melting and i so need to get back out there and do some more hunting before it is all gone.

keep my - uh, mom's - slippers warm for me, will ya?

toodley-doo!
b.



ps - did u know that they were on sale right at Sahalie now AND there is a 20% off code to use? It's 14093 - good until 12/31/10. Or else, u can use free shipping code 13977, which miss Bludog says is actually the better code to use if buying only the slippers. Thanks miss Bludog for all the coupon info!!

10 comments:

Hannalei said...

as I sit here with cold toes I suddenly find envy in your Mommy's awesome slippi's. If they don't fit or sumpin well tell Mommy I have dibs. Those are just pawsome.

HH and The Boys said...

Great slippers. I want some for HH with a Max on them...

enjoy the snow... pawhugs, Max

sio said...

Ohhh -- They look like Ike! Otto and Linus would be sooo jealous (and would probable chew them to death!)

kishiko said...

Hi Baxter!
Wow I love your slippers, I mean, your mom's slippers! How cute!
Happy new year!
Kisses
Matilda

Keren Hening said...

can your mom tell me if A) they fit big or small and B) are they wide or narrow or medium?

I wear a size 11.5 wide (I know, we call them the Hening Hooves!). The biggest they have is a 10, but it is a clog so I could just hang out da back a little, ya know?

Thanks!

kalyxcorn said...

hmm, well, when given a choice between narrow and "regular" birkenstocks, I like the regular. And having said that, I didn't notice there to be an issue with width for me. The woooly top does stretch but let's see. My size 39s are 3.75" at the widest part which is about under the big toe if you know what I mean. That's measuring the inside between the stitch line. The entire base width at its widest - assuming the wool just stretches out over the stitched boundary - is 4.25" wide. The back heel width is 2 5/8 between stitch to 3.25" wide. There is a bit of molding to the footbed similar to a birk in terms of contouring and such (arch, heel cup), but I get the feeling it all softens out with time. In my limited experience all slippers tend to just blob out after a while anyway, at least how I messy walk in them!

Elizabeth said...

Merry belated Christmas present to me! Those are so cute.

sundox said...

I got the same pair love them!

Amanda C said...

I got these for xmas too!

Keren Hening said...

Thanks, Mom. BTW, what size is Dad? If he's around 9-10, could he try them on and see how they fit? I wear a men's 9.5 so maybe that will tell me. Just don't let him get TOO comfortable in them - they might go missing, hee, hee!!