Thursday, December 2, 2010

tidings of comfort





There are days in this fast paced world when I am reminded of what it is I should truly value. Of love and happiness. Of finding joy and beauty even in the most darkest of places, and in the most trying of times. It is all there if you look hard enough, though sometimes it is easier to see after time has passed.

On the surface it might seem shallow to admit that I also value things. Material goods. Stuff. But like the collars from our boys and our ever expanding collection of vintage doxie stuff, sometimes things are all we have left to connect us with that which we have lost. Things can transcend their inanimate status and help us remember, and help soothe an aching heart. Things sometimes help where words cannot.




Since offering my crafty ventures to the world I've humbly come to realize I am not alone, and I am honored by those who choose my work to help them remember and heal. A small tiding of comfort, to connect us with those no longer with us, whom we hold dear.

For the families of dearly departed Chili, of Emma, of Tippi, of Stretch, of Tigger, and for families of all our beloved pets who will not be with us this holiday season, my best and warmest of hugs.

5 comments:

Hannalei said...

Just one more reason I have truly come to appreciate and admire the friendship I have found in you.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't enjoy looking at my Tigger tag when I am not wearing I mean. Which is pretty often. You helped keep him alive for me in so many ways. My love to all who have lost their precious loved ones over the years this holiday and more. The pain does fade but I think the ache lasts forever sometimes. I can speak for Tigger and Tippi when I say Thank you for this post. It needs a major me likey dat button. *snifs* XoXo

Kerri said...

Such sweet reminders. The one-year anniversary of sending Minnie to Rainbow Bridge is just a couple of weeks away and there's not a day that I don't think about her and wish I could smoosh her velvet nose just one more time.

HH and The Boys said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks, Max

Sandra said...

A lovely post. Sometimes it's things that help us keep a connection with someone we love. My sister and I still have the bowl that her rabbit Cornelius used to eat from. It's just nice to see it from time to time and remember a funny Cornelius story.

Lorenza said...

Beautiful post!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza