Saturday, January 8, 2011

away from the manger

Sometimes an idea I have for a picture doesn't always turn out the way I thought. But most of the times, there is always a story, just waiting to unfold.

Take my original idea for tiny chumley's christmas day photo. A nativity spectacular, with the Baxter Joseph, the wooden musical angel Mary, the three wise duk duks and of course, the baby Jesus duk duk, all nestled into a manger improvised from flea market & thrift store finds. The kind of thing that most certainly spring from the mind of an imaginative four year old little dogboy, right?

But what I forgot is that with all the toy and snackie hubbub of the holidays, tiny chumley hadn't seen all his duk duks in a while.

The little kielbasa's eyes lit up when he came upon the manger gathering of duks.

I soon realized that Baxter Joseph would not be visiting us today. Nope,today wooden musical angel mary, the three wise duk duks, and baby Jesus duk duk would be graced with the presence Baxzilla, ransacking destroyer of tiny model towns, and mauler of duks.

Til I took away the duks, and the little kielbasa assumed the spot he felt should have been his all along.

it's a little tight but i think i can make my new bed work. will u please fetch me a blankie?



13 comments:

Chelsea and Wilson said...

I'm still amazed at how dogs love to curl up in spots that look very uncomfortable!

Hannalei said...

second row, middle photo. Is the elder wise duk duk patched? hehehe

Baxter.. you are as always a good giggle for me when I come to read your blog posties. : )

Tris and Ivy's mum said...

....awwwaaaay in the manger, no duk for his bed, the little lord Baxter stuck in his sweet head....

...The duk duks were quacking, at the mess in his wake, but little lord Baxter, no heed to them paid...

...Bless all the dear duk duks, patched and thread bare, take them to the sewing room, to keeeep as a spaaaaaaaare.

HH and The Boys said...

What a great picture story. Yes, Baxter, pal, you fit just fine in that cradle. HEE HEE...

pawhugs, Max

Alicia said...

In all my years, as a Catholic, I've never imagined St. Joseph as a marauder! Not your intention, but very funny indeed, and just goes to show the mind of the hyper-focused dachshund.
Well done Baxter!

Bludog said...

I think perhaps those duk duks are unwise men!

Kyley and Ammo the Dachshund said...

Got Ammo's harness today! Yipee. Too bad he played hookie from work today, he'll have to wait till later to try it on.

I think Baxter needs to come to the dachshund races this year so Ammo can meet his blogging buddy.

P.S. I feel like I'm having deja vu - this is so something ammo has done on some of our photoshoots. love it!

design_girl said...

This is one of the funniest posts yet. I am still wiping tears from laughing so hard. Love it!

kalyxcorn said...

hee, i agree, miss chelsea, but u know, maybe it's the challenge i really like most of all! :)

yes, miss hannalei, patched duk duk is original duk duk! mom couldn't keep up with all the hurt i was puttin on my duks so she stopped patchin them after a while. (!)

oh i like your song professor d!

hee - max, i think u might fit better in that cradle. mom filled it with my upstairs toys now so i can't get in there. boo hoo, but bonus on having toys upstairs!

whoopsie, miss alicia, sometimes the wolf just kinda comes out in me at the worst times!

ha, i agree bludog. but they are my duks! :)

o i so can't wait 2 see u in yr new duds ammo! and i can't wait til we can get together and really mess up a photo shoot! :)

hee, designgirl, anytime u need a little sumptin trampled, baxzilla style, just give me a ringy!! ;)

Keren Hening said...

Are you in the manger alone or is Baby Jesu Duk being smothered? LOL!! And . . .glad to see Angel Mary made it through the photo shoot unscathed!!

Lorenza said...

I loved the sequence of the pictures!
Adorable!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Peace on Earth, Baxter, Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all....

Happy New Year, Kate n' Allie!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS! And I bet Baxter was just trying to keep baby Jesus warm, he had very good intentions....