Friday, April 22, 2011

dapper doxie duds: isabella and anna


Sometimes it's hard for me to boil down a story to its most interesting and relevant elements.  Especially when things take an unexpected turn.  Like these dapper doxie duds, which were a long time in the making if you consider I met Isabella and Anna's mom back in August of last year at Bucktown.  As neither of us were in a hurry, the similarly sized Izzy and Anna's fittings and fabric choices weren't really finalized til earlier this year.  And since it was still cold and snowy up in Chicago, Izzy and Anna weren't going to need their cheery duds until, well, nowish.  Which how I ended up emailing Izzy and Anna's mom with the happy news that I was going to work on the duds soon and then finished them up this past weekend .  Before finding out that sixteen year old Anna had gone blind since last we spoke, and worse, that Anna had been diagnosed with bladder cancer. 

My heart went out to Isabella and Anna and their mom, and I told her as much.  If this wasn't a good time, she needed not worry about duds of any sort and I was more than okay and able to find an alternate home for any dud she did not want. 

But it would turn out that Izzy and Anna's mom still wanted both duds.  Anna would still need her dud,  not in a walkies sort of way, but to help as a sturdy garment onto which her mom could safety pin straps from Anna's diaper, as the tee she had been using stretched too much to help keep Anna's diaper in place.

Though I wish the news were different, I am grateful that something I've made can help bring comfort Anna during this difficult time.  So today, a peekpoo at both duds, packed and ready to go with plenty of sunshine.  To Anna, Isabella, and their mom, my warmest of hugs. <3

11 comments:

Bludog said...

Hopefully having a pretty dud will make a little girl feel better <3 <3 <3

kalyxcorn said...

me so hope so! :) my mom says thank u for the convo the other day!

Kerri said...

Sending along additional hugs.

Riley Mae said...

Beautiful duds! Send some hugs along for me!
Extra paw hugs & licks,
Riley Mae

Anonymous said...

I know I'm just repeating everyone else, but send along my hugs as well. <3 This must be a tough time for them.

Hugs!
Taylor Lynn <3

Melinda said...

Wow, what beautiful work you do. :)

Annie's Mama said...

Beautiful duds. Praying for the sweet girls-

Jordan said...

This is adorable!! It looks great on Baxter ;D
xoxo
Jordan

kalyxcorn said...

hello everybuddy and thank u and i totally will!:) b

Unknown said...

Beautiful in thought and product!!!
Willow sends prayers for Anna and her family!

kalyxcorn said...

thank u n thank u miss dayle-ann! :) happy easter!! :)