Sunday, February 26, 2012

while u were visiting

For a couple months now I have been thinking about redoing the colors in my crafty space.  Switching from warm reds and oranges and other happenstance colors to the cooler  tones of aqua, turquoise, and green.

I figured if I put my mind to it, I'd be done in just a few days. I have a lot fabrics in the new colors already and what, recovering my pair of office chairs? Maybe a day each, and the fabric shelving panels, oh, another day, and yeah the onerous task of making actual lined window curtains? Okay, maybe like 4 days to do it reasonably right with a few breaks thrown in for good measure.

With big boyfriend off to visit family, I thought I might be able to get most of it done these past few days. At least everything but the curtains, anyway, because I still don't know what I want to do for them.  But surely with one less person in the house to mind,  I can finish everything else  in all free time I would have on my hands, right?

Visions of welcoming home my big boyfriend to studio orderliness and color cohesiveness danced through my head as I started sewing.

But now? Like, four-ish days later? Yeah, you guessed it.  Now with t-minus just a few hours before tiny boyfriend and I trundle off to the airport to pick up big boyfriend,  my studio is even messier then when big boyfriend departed and I am at best 30 percent finished.  And I know that these beguiling brown eyes had plenty to do with my lack of crafty progress.

Welcome home, honey!  Wanna see the big hole we dug in back? :)





4 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

HH is attempting a similar project at our condo... it sounds as if she's made similar progress too.

HH said to tell you to "enjoy the process."

HA!

pawhugs, Max

A MilShelb Mom said...

Stuff like that happens to me all the time. Always takes me way more time to do things than I actually think it will.
~Maggie

Lovable Lily said...

I didn't know that you could sew Baxter. Me thinks too that the project should be done by now, but do also know that playing around is way more fun. All in good time ~ Right?? Tell Mommy not to worry. Some thing's are best left for a rainy day.

Hugs,
Lily Belle

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee i wil pass along all your comments my friends!! i hope u had a super sunday!! :)