Tuesday, May 15, 2012

no thank u







no thank u doctor tushie man.  there is no need to put me on the table, really.  i am very comfortable right here and my neck feels just fine.  :) :)

- baxter, 5.4 years old, hoping to pass off a partial white fib in hopes of avoiding the veterinary inevitable.


Yep, it's true. Baxter's momentary moments of pain made a small comeback appearance - once on this past Weds which prompted his vet visit, and once we think on Sunday though neither big boyfriend or I saw what he was exactly doing to know for sure if what we heard was indeed a  quick pain yip.  And of course ever since then and between episodes the little chum's been acting quite normally.  We're monitoring the pain's frequency and duration to determine when best to pursue further diagnostic, but for now and under doc's orders, other than losing weight and playing nicely with his toyfriends, tiny chumley can continue living a low impact, pokey free lifestyle.  :)

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Maybe Baxter did yip, but he did it because of something else. For instance, Oskar let out a very nasty scream the other morning while eating his breakfast (he doesn't gobble his food...picks up kibble one by one) and all we could figure is that he accidentally bit his tongue or had a piece of kibble stuck between his teeth. So sometimes they yip for something we're not even sure about.
Be healthy Baxter! And don't scare your family so much...

Lovable Lily said...

Oh Baxter, we're sorry to hear that you had some more pain. Please be very, very careful! I had the surgery in Sept. and it was horrible (Mommy said expensive too ~ but worth every penny.) We don't wanna see that happen to you.

How is your diet going?

Hugs,
Lily Belle

Willy the Wiener Dog said...

That's tuff stuff Baxter. Singing you my 'yippy go away kayay' song. Also mom said she just read a real nice story about a distant relative of ours who was having his own tuff time but since going to a certain clinic in our city he's gotten better. I think they do acupuncture and stuff like that there. Hope you continue to get better buddy.
ur frend,
Willy the Wiener Dog

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
I hope it was just a momentary yip yip!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee thank u my friends. mom says one day i will get an MRI and then everyone will know what is going on for certain but we need until the yips are more frequent, which hopefully will be never! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Baxter! That's too bad about your sore back! I saw a previous post that mentioned acupuncture, have you looked into that? I have several wiener friends that have acupuncture treatments for sore backs and showed huge improvement!
Good luck with feeling better!
- Winston the Wire-haired

PairADox Designs said...

Hi Baxter,
Wrigley says... please be extra careful with your neck. I am in the pokey myself since last Saturday when I jumped off my moms bed at 3 am and let out a huge yelp. You don't want to come back to the pokey, I have 5 1/2 more weeks to go and this is so hard for us active boys, especially in the summertime. Mom wouldn't even let me go out and bark at the frog in the pool this morning, even though Addie got to. I'm so bored already, how did you ever survive the pokey?
Wrigley and his mom Roberta