Sunday, August 5, 2012

home alone






Tiny chumley never really likes being left home alone, especially when it's too hot out to take him with us on errands. His little ears press back on his head in protest while he wanders off to find a quiet hiding spot, hoping that we will have a hard time finding him even though the best of his hiding spaces are two times too small for his extra long little body.  And when we find him and pick him up to say goodbye, it is obvious that the lucky charms and twinkly stars and rainbow clovers that normally occupy his happy cartoon thought bubble have been replaced by big black scribble balls.

no mom, i am very sorry, cannot look you in the eyes or give you a kiss at this time.   please try again later.  beeeeep - this is a recording.











Thankfully, just as was the case yesterday, by the time we return home all is forgiven, and life is exactly as it should be.
  
yippee! welcome home mom n dad! i barked at three squirrels and two walkers by and the phone rang but i did not pick it up like you made me promise to on account of that time i signed us up for the mega multichannel entertainment cable tv package even though duk duk and me thought it was a great deal and you should really consider it and ooh, do i smell flea market?? didjoo say hello to mister randy for me? and wooty - u brought me some floorcorn!! thank u mom n dad! next time u have to go out, please take me, okay?  :) :)


6 comments:

Lovable Lily said...

Ah Baxter, how we know that feeling well. We too hate to be left behind especially when you just know the hoomans are going someplace you really, really love. They it is in our best interest not to take us, butt, what do they know!

At least you have a kind heart and forgive them the moment you hear the car pull into the driveway. And look! You got floor corn outta it. Tho we must say, more than one little, tiny, teeny piece would have been better.....

Happy Sunday to our very happy Furend!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Anonymous said...

Whew! Sometimes our minds make up stories!
I'm always glad when the folks come home!

Nice new carpet & popcorn!!

Have a fun Sunday!

XXOO
- Hildy

Alicia said...

When I/we leave the house, we give Oskar an important job. He jumps onto his blanket on the sofa and I tell him, "Watch the house for me Oskar, I'll be right back. Don't let anybody in!"
He takes the job seriously, I'm sure!

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Ginger was the same way- she hated being left home/abandoned/abused. Now Chip, Tasha and Anna Rose head for the door even before I know that I am getting ready! We take them everywhere that the weather permits. (Even Thai loved going in the car with the pack, untilthis year when he started his final decline)

kalyxcorn said...

i really think maybe in the summer we move to australia bcuz i hear it is winter there and then hopefully it would be cool enough to go with mom n dad everywhere! :)

docsdox said...

i'm glad you made it through your alone time ok. i usually just play with my rawhide or show my toybuddies around my dox-cave (dad used to call it the man-cave but i took over - BOL!) or chill on top of the ouch and say hi to my neighbors!

FLOORCORN?! AWESOME! you're so lucky!

-ramsay