Monday, April 15, 2013

scenes from a sunday brunch with an only dachshund: let's do halfsies :)











..and so the monkey said, "leave it? i thoughtchoo said throw it!"  hee hee, yeah i know, dad, that is a pretty funny joke isn't it?  one of the kids in school told it for show n tell but he got in trouble because during recess everyone including me thought it would be funny if we started throwing our --- oh, i see our waitress wants to take my order.  please excuse me...

























no thank you, miss waiteress, i am sure your food is very delicious but today i brought my own food because i am on a diet and i want to be fit for this summer's hungry games.   but if you would leave me the bowl i see you have in your hands, i would very much appreciate it for use with my kibble.  :)



















so anyway dad, speaking about this summer, i wantchoo to know that me and duk duk and chocobot and lil pink puppy all want to help you build a monorail in our backyard.  or maybe an air plane landing strip.  it is phase one of our twelve part summer plan.  which i wish i could tell you more about but it is top secret and only people with a need to know will know and even then they will know only what they need to know and nothing more.   it's that top secret.  oh, i hear our waiteress coming back.  boy that was fast!












oooOOOoooOOoooooo! mom, u got crispy corned beef hash with two poached eggs!! if u want maybe we go halfsies? i know she did not bring two forks but...hmmm,  here, hang on a sec, i got this...


























you eat your half of the corned beef hash and in the meanwhile i will pour half my kibble in my bowl and u then can have the rest!! :)
 
 



3 comments:

Jane said...

Baxter, I love seeing you and your Dad having dad and son talks. You are very well mannered when you go to eat out and your Mom's food looks delicious! I hope you got to get a little nibble at least. I also noticed that you are wearing your vest in the owl pattern. That is the birthday hat pattern I chose for Sambo from your Mom's Etsy and he got to wear it yesterday for his very first birthday!! :)

kalyxcorn said...

thank u miss jane. and a very happy happy birthday to sambo! i hope the hat helped him party party party!! :) :)

Lovable Lily said...

Oh Baxter, it delights us to see you so happy! You always make us giggle.

Hope you got at least a little taste of the hash.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

p.s. Shhhh... we like your top secret plans. But we'll pretend we don't know nothing about it bcuz we don't have the need to know :)