Monday, April 7, 2014

fact|fiction


Mister happy go lucky apparently missed out on spying a big bunny in our backyard yesterday afternoon while we were all together out running errands.  We found out because the carefully scrawled pink chalk message on our driveway told us so, left there by tiny chumley's little miss neighbor friend Julia. 

tiny chumley sniffed at the ground feverishly.  He was glad to have been able to accompany us, but as frustrated as Thufir Hawat in a David Lynch production of Dune for having found Harkonnen sabotage devices too easily.   By the time we had gone inside and put away the groceries, it was clear that tiny chumley had developed a Plan.

mom, as primary defender of our homeland, I beseech you to let me and duk duk order the supplies we need to implement operation traps and trebuchets ASAP. all we need is an extra eleventy five iphoneys, an unlimited data and texting plan, two hundred and fifty three yards of acme grade extra sensitive three ply trip wire, an anvil, seven boxes of dy-no-mite, three twelvesies of powdered milk, two handy hermans, a weather balloon, an electric eel, and two hard hats - one small and one extra extra small.  oh, and direct 24/7 hotline access to a certain very intelligent coyote who shall remain anonymous. :) :)


-

2 comments:

Bludog said...

How about some C4? You could make some little rabbit figures to trick them, like in Caddyshack!

Anonymous said...

Oh Baxter, Penny feels for you. We moved. Our backyard used to be bunny central. They would even come right up by the patio in the early AM. Oh boy I could slip out the door and almost get 'em. I didn't tell you about the lizard I chased alllllll over the yard and then I picked him up and held him gently, but mom said he just didn't have any play left in him. So we put him to bed in a plastic Baggie and safely in the trash can. Mom said I will meet him over the bridge one day. Anyway, we moved and the bunnies haven't gotten the change of address yet. Not a one has come to offer a housewarming hello. Mom says that is rude but I think they just forgot us. Maybe Easter they will come. Anyway B. If you have any extras you can mail 'me to me.
Let me know when those neat little B Boxes go on sale again. Mothers Day is coming up and G-Mom will be 97 soon. They are special and hard to get but we will be waiting and watching.
Someday I'll tell you about the bird I got a hold of the tail and mom said it flew to heaven all the way without its tail. Mom thinks maybe the rabbits are a-scared of me. I'm pretty quick ya know.......

Marene&Penny