Thursday, May 1, 2014

chapterhouse doxie


Yesterday tiny chumley seemed to make it his day's priority to get my attention.  Snackie after snackie, toy after toy, belly rub after belly rub, lap time after lap time, and even pooping after pooping, none of my basic responses seemed to really quell the burning desire that set tiny chumley's eyes ablaze.

I actually feel rather lucky that he and I share a rather generous user's manual when it comes to living together. I can tell without ever getting up from my desk if he is barking at a stranger, a cat, a bunny, or a little miss.  He knows when I am going to leave the house to run errands before I even do. A case of the zoomies? Someone forgot or was unable to take him out for his usual after lunchy lunch or early evening poopie. Tricks and mealtime training of course are so engrained now that he could and often does an autopilot routine, which I often interrupt and alter to keep things fresh and interesting.  

He also usually knows when it is time to give up on me, when I am thick in the middle of makey project or some daft computer thing.  But yesterday was different.  There was something which he obviously felt we should be doing, if I could only understand what it was he was trying to tell me. And for that, I can only hope that he and I keep adding to chapters to our life's user's manual together, so that one day all of life's happy go lucky mysteries can be solved. :)


3 comments:

Bludog said...

Yep, some days we are just even more fascinating than usual to our little friends!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wally has a long memory and suddenly something will come to the surface and he will remember that at one point, many moons ago, I left a snackie above on the fireplace mantel. He will bug me and prod me and bark at me until I clue in and then I will put him on top of the mantel and let him sniff around until he is satisfied that it is no longer there. I take him down and he leaves me alone. Sometimes, you just don't know what distant memory gets awakened that needs satisfaction! Wally & B

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee i do that sometimes too! especially with the smelly snacks because u know, i can smell them :)