Friday, September 12, 2014

note to self: cherry tomato plants

There are several things I should try to remember when it comes to planning tiny chumley's cherry tomato garden next year.  Six plants are overkill. Four plants are plenty. Okay, five maybe, if I factor in bird and bunny theft. Christmas icicle tinsel, by the way, might have actually helped deter some birds this year so be sure to get a pack for a quarter when the thrift store holds their Christmas in July sale and drape them randomly on the cages.  Grape tomatoes are out, mostly because in all the years we have grown them, they never seem as tasty as the rounds. And through no fault of their own, yellow tomatoes are out, because I can never consistently pick them when they are ripe, nor do I have the gumption or interest in figuring that sort of thing out. Plus yellow tomatoes on a salad really don't look that great unless there are some red ones on there too. But I digress. 

The last and probably most important thing I should remember about tiny chumley and his tasty tiny tomato garden isn't really about the tomato plants, but about the window I thought was open just barely enough for sniffs and cuteness. And about a certain little determined doxie who happens to have a surprisingly stretchy extendo giraffe neck.

hee hee, mom are you trying to say remember to open the window wider next time because I am pretty sure I could eat even more tomatoes that way and that would be a win-win for both of us. and by us, I mean my tummy and me. just in case u were wondering. :) :) 



0 comments: