Monday, August 15, 2016

wolfy gate


Even when they served only to keep a little wolf from trundling up the stairs by himself, the golden gates of tiny chumley's xpen jail have always been a source of ear pasted back on his head displeasure. Clanky, and in his mind a rickety disaster waiting to fall on him, the taller than necessary golden gates also became a source of displeasure for me and my less than able, still unfreezing shoulder. Something about tiny chumley's jail time needed to change if we were to both survive this ordeal. 

Some wire grid cube shelving panels from the reuse store seemed like a good option to help a little wolf out. A few zip ties later, the little kielbasa's new enclosure is just tall enough to keep him secure, but no so tall that either of us live in fear of hurting ourselves one way or another. And, it seems, it is the perfect height for a little wolf to poke his head over the top and slather on the guilt trip that is my daily penance for keeping him so confined. 

hey mom, this new gate thingy is really nice cuz u can pet my head n stuff and it is easier to lift me out and I like how I can see over it okay, but, u do know I am not getting any younger, right? a wolf needs to run and play and well, u know, do wolfy things with his best friend falcon :)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lift the gate not the wolf.