Monday, December 31, 2018

goodbye 2018



Once a year on this very day, for a very brief moment, tiny chumley becomes a tall little wolf, exposing his heart shaped tummy to the world in all its rounded pink glory so that we can say goodbye to the year that was. I'd love to say I remember why we started this tradition, but as with all things random, I don't. In fact, it's all I can do to remember to wear a different outfit every year for our photo, while mother nature lends a helping hand and takes care of the tweaks in the little kilebasa's appearance, swirling his underside in lighter shades of tummy pink and dappling it with dark little spots, while painting the rest of his body in wintery white using bolder, broader brush strokes. 




2018 was a challenging year for our tiny family in real life, but through it all we had our makey makes, and we had this little boy and his merry band of poop and gummy worm obsessed toyfriends, always there to remind us that beauty, love and acceptance comes in all shapes and sizes, and that joy and comfort is just a smelly laugh away.  Thanks, friends, for all the support and love in 2018. :)  





8 comments:

Heidi + Gretchen's Dad said...

Thank you for another year of smiles.

TheTucsonTrio said...

Baxter, friends and family . . . thanks for letting us share the ride. Looking forward to The Adventures of 2019.

Jean in Georgia said...

Thank you for sharing your boy with us!

design_girl said...

Thank you for for always making me smile. I love your posts!! Happy New Year to all of you. I hope the coming year is a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for always brightening my day with your sweet posts! Happy New Year to you all!

Charlotte H said...

He’s such a gorgeous hunk! Always brightens my life...
Poopy New Year to you all! ������

Jane said...

Oh Baxter I love seeing your end of the year pictures each year! Your mom had a great idea when she began this tradition because it is something she will always treasure. I hope your family has a great year ahead. Please stay healthy and be safe.
Jane and Sambo

Anonymous said...

What can I say, Baxter?....Besides my own little dachshund bringing sunshine, smiles and love to my life there is you. Many days my work stretches my patience, but then I can count on you to bring smiles and many times hardy out-loud laughs.

All the very best to you, Baxter, and to your mom and dad.

--- Krista (Little Wisconsin Klaus' Mom)