Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Duk Duk's Road to Recovery


Duk Duk the severely mauled stuffed squeaky duck has returned home after spending several days at a local treatment center. "I feel almost as good as new," rasped the left wing amputee. "You wouldn't even know I don't have my squeaky parts anymore. The seamstresses at Recovering Buddies Wildlife Center did a wonderful job." When asked if he feels safe in his home, Duk Duk replied, "Of course. I know the assailant is still at large, but I am confident that the game warden will find the culprit soon and that my family will protect me ."





Friends and family members have rallied around Duk Duk and taken extra precaution to ensure Duk Duk's safety. "While Duk Duk was recovering, I googled around and found a great online course that helped me hone my guard dog instinct," said Baxter the Dachshund. "I feel confident that I can scare off whoever or whatever it was that got to Duk Duk last week."



"Don't you worry Duk Duk. Nobody will ever bother your wings, or cr..crunch..crunchy.. neck...(sniff)..mmmm, what's that delicious smell here? Did they use liver flavored ointment on your neck? Let me lick it for you."








"It seems to be stuck on there. A tiny nibble on the neck will be fine, right Duk Duk? You don't mind. I am just trying to remove the excess ointment."






"Hey, uh, is this story over now? There's no more news here. Yeah. He's my toy and I'm his doggie and I have responsibilities, you know? You people can't seriously expect me to keep him in one piece forever. Gotta run and chew some. Toodles."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!
I hope the duk duk story continues because this is absolutely hilarious!
xo,
B