Sunday, June 28, 2009

haiku roundup




small paws scamper fast.
chasing bugs and digging holes,
i am a dachshund.


- baxter, 2.5 years old








Everybody's haikus were so wonderful that I thought I'd post them all here for an easy breezy Sunday afternoon read. Who'da thunk that writing poems could be so fun. Makes me almost want to take eight grade English again. Almost...





I am not allowed
to bark at the passersby
but I still sure try...


-Tonia's Charlie Brown, 3 years old








o sliver of sun
you progress across the room
and disrupt my nap


- mamamousejam's schroeder, 1 year old







doxie love
there is nothing better
cuddle with me


- twix, 10 years old






Little sausage dog,
Fiercely chewing all day long.
One more cookie please?


- don, human








small dog with big heart
long and low dachshund body
bold beyond his size.

quick to wag and lick
shredding toys his special gift
his nose knows no rest

this dachshund of mine
snuggled beneath a blanket
brings me so much joy


- mamamousejam, human









Tall, wet grass morning
Muddy, black, low-slung pup, and
Great snuggle in bed.


- amym, human

3 comments:

Taffy said...

Great post...like all the poems! Mom said she would NOT like to take 8th grade english again-something about her teacher being mean. I heard a bunch of blah, blah, blah-Humans!
Love and hugs,
Twix

Tonia & Charlie said...

That was really fun to read!! Great photos too!

firstyouleap said...

These are lovely. And the photos really capture doxie essence! Melinda and Jeeves