Thursday, June 18, 2009

hatching eggs





Guess what! Duk Duk found an egg in the backyard this morning and we are trying to hatch it. He said it is a rare wild whale egg. I have never seen a whale before but Duk Duk says that's because they are endangered. He says they got that way because people overhunted whales for their ability to grant wishes. Did you know Abe Lincoln found a whale egg once and that's how America got the Statue of Liberty? Dumb, right? When this egg hatches, Duk Duk and I are gonna wish for more whale eggs that way we both can get our own wish.

Anyway the egg is really cool. I'd show it to you but Duk Duk says it has to stay warm. I can tell you this - it's yellow and fuzzy and round!










Yessir, I am one lucky dog to have such a smart friend like Duk Duk. Forgiving, too. He never once said a thing about the night Beaver and I stayed up late and made prank calls on his iPhone. And he supported me even when I was the primary suspect in his mauling (never indicted, thank you.) And now here he is letting me sit on the egg and share his whale wish.











Friends til the end. Yessiree. Wake me up when Duk Duk gets back, will ya? This egg is so uncomfortable. Kinda like sitting on a ball....zzzzzzzz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! It's what I would do if I had time. We have 2 black and tan minis right now. Our first one went through several 'duk duks' and about a dozen of those long loofah toys before we settled on rubber toys and rawhides. Dachshunds seem to be able to conquer toys that would defeat a lesser dog!

kalyxcorn said...

thanks!! Duk Duk is about two threads away from becoming totall flightless. Dachshunds are extremely tenacious!!! Thanks for stopping by and do visit again. Post some pics of your pups! Luv, B.

inc123 said...

I've just got to ask, what is a Duk Duk?

kalyxcorn said...

duk duk is one of Baxter's stuffed toyfriends. If you're up for a silly read, Duk Duk starts his appearance in the blog with the March 26th entry, then shows up again on Mar 31, April 1, April 4, April 5, and April 20. I think that's it. I need to redo my labels so they are much more easily searched! Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll visit again!!