Thursday, July 23, 2009

make it: doggie vest harness





Doggie harnesses that fit well on a doxie seem few and far between, so imagine my delight when I discovered yesterday that McCalls offers a harness pattern similar to the ones I've made for Baxter. Finally, I can make the harness in wiener sizes other than kielbasa for all his tinier friends! To inspire would-be sewers, here's a picture of Baxter in one of his harnesses that I turned into a costume for last year's wiener festival. The harness itself is made with hand dyed corduroy , and is further embellished with removable dragonfly wings made on the serger and sewing machine.

Know of any other cool patterns for doxies? Made something cool already? Seen something cool that you'd like to make or wish you could make? Spread the joy and share it here!












update 8/09/2000: Hey thanks to Lindsey for finding another pattern, KwikSew 3517.
Check out what she made, it's super cool!!

4 comments:

angie said...

omg, that is genius and adorable!! riley doesn't particularly like costumes, but he wears his harness fine. too bad i don't sew. :(

Taffy said...

Baxter, you look so very handsome in your wings! Your Momma is one smart cookie!
Love and hugs,
Twix

chloejessica said...

I can't sew! I wish I could! A trade would be fun whenever you want! :)

kalyxcorn said...

Super coolio - hey drop me an email and we can work on the details. not sure if you can tell how the harness fits by Baxter's pics but at least to start off with I need like her neck and chest measurements. I need to take a pic of Baxter and overlay what I'm talking about...kalyxcornucopia@gmail.com