Thursday, July 30, 2009

thursday's forecast: solar flares

Since coming to our house over a year and a half ago, Baxter has become the sun around which his humans orbit. His rays of boundless joy and innocence warm our heart and enrich our souls. He is the light at the end of an awful work day.

Our orbits around this little red dwarf are sometimes literal, as we carefully walk around him when he's chosen to sleep in a sliver of sun that's smack dab in the middle of a busy pathway. Sometimes, after he's made his way into our bed at night, we are awakened by this little sun, his paws pushing on us in an attempt to make more space for himself in the center of our bed. Even suns, it seems, need their beauty sleep.

Today as I write this entry with Baxter nearby, it seems our little sun is experiencing another type of solar effect. Tiny toots provide chorus to the music playing gently in the background. Pfft. Pffffooooo. Squeak. Pfeep. Bup-bup-bup. Pfweeeeeee. Solar flares of a different kind. Our tiny red dwarf, a gaseous giant in disguise.

8 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Everytime Chauncey has an attack of the rear kind, he whips his head around as if to say, "what the hell was that?" He looks totally startled!

And boy, can mini and tweenie wiener dogs funk up a room or what???

Hallie :)

angie said...

lol, is this baxter humiliation week or what?! ahahahaha!!!!!!!

inc123 said...

Try a little yogurt in his diet...

Franny said...

Hi Baxter,

I love your blog! And I love your kitty-siblings. Orange tabbies are the best, don't you think? And you're a very handsome doxie... :O)

Kisses,
Franny

Marene and Ali said...

He is too sweet for words. I too have a little one that has to be touching me to sleep. She will bob her head up and down under the covers until just her little nose pokes put for fresh air.

So much love I feel sometimes I think my heart will burst. I'm sure you know the feeling. He is a beautiful beautiful Baxter. Just look at that face.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
My mom knows what your mom means!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

jen said...

I cannot overstate the extent to which I love your blog. LOVE IT. Thanks.

kalyxcorn said...

aw thanks, Jen & Marene & Ali, & Franny and everybody!! Kep used to do the exact same thing as Chauncey and we always thought it was hilarious. Who been messin with my tushie?