Wednesday, September 30, 2009

baxter exposed! shocking photos engender gender debate

Tails have been wagging recently as photos of Baxter the Dachshund dressed in feminine garb circulate like wildfire across the internet. "These pictures clearly show Baxter in girly clothes. I don't understand, is he a boy or a girl?" blogged one confused fan.



Questions about Baxter's gender were already raised earlier this week when it was revealed by a former playgroup associate that he has never seen Baxter lift his leg or mark when he goes on walks. "It's like he doesn't even know how."



Several calls to Baxter the Dachshund's publicist remain unreturned, leaving the public and Baxter's fans on their own to determine the truth behind these pictures. Could Baxter really be Baxtoria, or does he just have a penchant for ruffles and florals? What is kalyxcraftopia? What's next - painted toenails? For the answers to all this and more, stay tuned to The Smoking Tail, where we'll keep digging for the truth.

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the blue harness!

Baxter, it's okay to be in touch with your feminine side.

chloejessica said...

Love the harnesses you talented lady you! And love the felted pin cushions you have in the Etsy shop! They are so neat, love the colors! :)
Oh and Baxter only you can pull off those girlie harnesses! :)

Anonymous said...

Well I won't comment on the genderbending. Baxter(ella) we love you either way but those harnesses are the rage. Baxter we are jealous of your fashion sense. Woof!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Don't worry! We know you are a Macho Chupacabras no matter the color of the harness, which, btw, are pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

When you get all set up I'll have to order a harness from you. I just bought two and my mother recently gave me the old, "you spending money on the dog again aren't you" look so I must chill out for the moment being. I don't think a girl can have too many outfits though so I'll be checking back in with you. I love your choices in fabric that isn't something I've seen on etsy and dog harnesses. I love that site, I visit it often just to drool.

holykowkirby said...

Oh, Baxter! It's totally your mom's fault for not getting you a pair of neuticles! Man up and no more dress up! :)

Everything Dachshunds - Home of Dachshund Luke said...

Baxter you look great in blue! Currently nagging my human for one of those - it gets so cold in the winter here in Spain, I even got cold in Florida.

umm would make a good christmas gift for my Dachshund girlfriends too.

kalyxcorn said...

Hey everybody! I did set up a custom option on Etsy so feel free to check it out if you're ever interested or in need. I'll try n figure out how to put the link on my sidebar...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7919286

Bludog said...

OMG! We must have one of those flowered ones for Molly - just like Baxter is modeling in the top pictures!

And an aside - Molly does lift her chubby little leg when she is marking over a spot where someone else has been. Particularly if it's a spot where someone else FEMALE has been. Molly is in charge, doncha know?!

Nibbles Treats said...

Giggle. Giggle.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

kalyxcorn said...

wow a girl leg lifter? cool....

hi nibbles treats!

Taffy said...

Bax, do those keep you warm in the winter? I get soooo cold!
Snuggles,
Twix

kalyxcorn said...

funny you should ask. my mom was thinking about modifying one for just that purpose since I seem to always slip out of sweaters and shirts. I do have some flannel lined harnesses and they do keep whatever it's covering very toasty, it seems. So my mom was gonna see about making me a house harness sometime this fall. hope it works!!

AmyM said...

Baxter is very secure in his manhood, he can wear anything with great style and panache.

I am so excited you have an etsy store! You make great vests!!

Yeah!