Monday, September 21, 2009

my buddy apollo

dear diary,
so today i want to tell you about my new playtime buddy apollo. mom thinks he is a dilute red dachshund like me, only he fits the description better and he is a mini cuz i'm like twice as big as him.

anyway, apollo is only nine months old, which means i am older than him cuz i will be three years old in december. that makes me four TIMES as old as he is. he has a really cool cowlick on the back of his neck which i really like. it looks like a mohawk from the side and from the top it looks like his hackles are always raised. i SO want dat.



the thing about apollo is, he came into the park running and hardly stopped the whole time he was there. i couldn't believe it. maybe he had an energy drink before he came or something. anyway he was runnin around like crazy and even i got into the chase after a while cuz i couldn't stand it anymore. if u don't believe me, watch this video, and yes, that is his actual running speed. full steam ahead. we didn't get to exchange emails or anything but i hope to see him again in the future cuz he's a lot of fun.



tomorrow i'll tell u about my friends lily and marshall. happy monday!

toodles,
b.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of dog park do you go to where there's only dachshunds? I've tried to take mine a few times to dog parks, but they are always scared of the big dogs.
Roberta

Unknown said...

I was just wondering the same thing!! My poor little Lucy usually just gets mauled by the bigger dogs, so we dont go very often.

Kate

kalyxcorn said...

i hear ya. when there's not a special playtime like this one set up by our local dachshund rescue coordinator, we only take Baxter to the small dog section of the dog park . Bax was rolled during play once in the big dog park and hasn't stopped barking at them ever since. Baxter's doxie group has the opportunity to play fairly regularly, about twice a month but turnout can be sparse in rather hot and rather cold weather.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Apollo sure is full of energy!
It must be pawesome to meet all those friends and have a good time!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

chloejessica said...

Looks like fun!

Taffy said...

Hey Handsome! It was fun seeing a live action movie of you. Apollo sure is cute...Mom said he looks like I did at about that age. Then she got all "I wish you coulda been a puppy 4ever" Anyway, I learned I am a dilute red too. Thanks for the info.
Snuggles,
Twix

kalyxcorn said...

i know isn't that something? I never knew there were so many types of doxies nowadays til we got Baxter and I started poking around. We never had a red doxie with red eyelashes before.