Sunday, December 13, 2009

breakfast in bed










Baxter could hardly believe his luck yesterday when his birthday brunch really did arrive while he was in snuggled in bed. Most days the little kielbasa and I train together with his meals, jazzing and shuffling and tapping and toeing our way through half his meal while he must wait in his kitchen bed until released from his stay for the other half. It's a formula that has worked pretty well, I've found, for bonding and helping him stay the good little boy he usually is. But breakfast in bed? I am sure that's something he wishes he could train me to do more often.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baxter,
I hope you enjoyed breakfast in bed. Mom never does that for me. Hmmm... Maybe I should bring this to her attention. I don't know that I would enjoy it anyway just between me and you Picasso has horrible morning gas. ewww..

Licks and sniffs,
Tulip

sadermaxx said...

Hi Baxter!

Boy what a treat, we hope you had a happy birthday.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
You got it!
I always go behind my mom when she moves to another place so... breakfast in bed is not for me!
Happy Sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Alli and Frankie said...

Baxter,
You are one lucky doggie! I'm very impressed with your usual routine for breakfast, too. Wow!
:) Alli & Frankie Mae

Taffy said...

That answers my question as to why you seem to have a bowl of food in several of your photos.
Snuggles,
Twix