Wednesday, June 23, 2010

get busy: buried treasure snack bottle

So a few days ago, Baxter made short work of his inheritance from the boys, the beloved blue snack ball, and with little boy all still ants in his pants, I checked out some of the great leads for smart toys were sent to me. Pretty cool stuff that I totally want to pursue soon, but there's nothin like instant gratification on a hot summer day. Enter the buried treasure snack bottle. Free, cuz it once was full of yummy popcorn that we popped, and kinda green, cuz the bottle was on its way out to the recycle bin. And most importantly, available, so we wouldn't have to venture out in the heat or wait forever for today's entertainment.

Shirts now too hole-y to play giant shirtball? Behold, the buried treasure snack bottle.



And yeah, it helps to keep the bottle top to make a hole in it later when more difficulty is inevitably required. And of course, chumley stays well supervised when messin with things like this. How could anybody not watch tiny boyfriend use his cute stubby paws?

9 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
You are soooo smart getting the treats!
I loved your video!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hannalei said...

That is a GREAT idea. I want to try that with Kai now because I know he'd so be game to hunt for nummies. BeBe and Molly.. nahh too lazy hehe :) Baxter you never cease to make me smile! Xo

Bludog said...

Love it. Just trying to figure out how to try that with the G. Sheps. I might need a bigger bottle...

Vizsla puppies said...

Good idea..
Especially with a cute and smart dog like Baxter!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Refill Refill You need a refill!!! Grrrreat video and super fun game.

firstyouleap said...

Great idea! A cheap toy idea is to put an empty water bottle inside an old sock, tie a knot at the top and watch the critter bop it around. Jeeves loves the noise and bounce. Of course the sock does not survive but it's cheaper than a tuff toy! My friend ties two socks (so each end is tuggable) and her two doxies have a great time team tugging it. Melinda and Jeeves

kalyxcorn said...

hi jeeves! ooh me likey the sock idea, too!

hey how bout a laundry detergent bottle? there's bound to be a pink one out there for Max!!

hee - i am due for a refill any minute now - it is lunch time, yippee!! :) - b

Annie's Mama said...

Great idea and great video, Baxter!

TBL Ryder said...

Go baxter go....

amazing... I want my daddy to make me one just like that.

Daddy, Daddy ..please.please.


(OK.. coming right up)