Wednesday, July 21, 2010

mister freezy bones

A late start to our morning meant only one thing when it came to dyeing fabric in the garage. It was gonna be hot. But try and explain that to my little shadow, who happily trotted out with me when I opened the door to the garage, his nose all a twitch and ready to take on the spiders and bugs that had come the day before to seek solace from the heat.

If you are going to be out here, then I am going to be out here, his eyes stated in no uncertain terms. And hypnotized as I was by the little kielbasa's gently wagging tail, I relented, worried still that the heat might be more than this little furball should withstand, even if we were only going to be out here for a few minutes.

And then it hit me. The vitamin packed freezy bones pupsicle treat that his little buddies Puddles, Whitney, and Albert sent a while back in his wooty package. A perfect time and place to try them out, just in case things got stainy or sticky or who knows what

The verdict? Four very enthusiastic paws and one pink tongue up. No stains, no sticks, no who knows what. And bonus points for coming in a reusable bone shaped freezer tray! Yum and future yum!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baxter is just so darn cute.

Jiorji said...

oh yummy!!! Baxter, next time you share with me right?? :D

Hannalei said...

Freezy bones? I looked at the website and saw that safeway sells them. Well our Safeway is stoneage... they wouldn't knowwhat "recent" nom noms were if it wacked em in the snootle.

Bax I must say you are the cutest little nose licker around. I LOVE that picture! Xo

kalyxcorn said...

hee hi jiorji - i am happy to share for a nice tummy rub rub!!

mmm yes, i had to lick my nose cuz well, u know, there was some on it!!
maybe u could just freeze like some homemade or low sodium chicken broth or sumptin like dat! I am sure it would be super tasty, too!! :)

Hannalei said...

You know... You're giving me ideas Baxter bud. Ideas... ideas :) I need to find a mold of some sort first. Perhaps a trip to the local junk shop is in order today. I am kinda bored ;) Xo

Kerri said...

@Hannalei -- Amazon has a couple of bone-shaped ice cube trays that would probably work well. (Btw, has anyone told you that you look like Stephenie Meyer, author of the "Twilight" series? I always do a double-take when I see your pic on here.)

Sandra said...

Oooh, that looks delish! And the reusable tray is awesome. We will have to get our mom to get us one too. Good times!

Flash, Alven and Dottie

Lorenza said...

From your pictures I know it was delicious!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza