Sunday, October 2, 2011

so happy 2 c u!

Tiny chumley is a often blurry kong toy carrying rocket when we return home from errands and he has been left home alone.  Racing down to first greet me then circling back to get his kong toy and the goodbye snackie he apparently saved to eat when we came back. 

wheeeeeeeeee! everybody's home! everybody's home!  wheeeeeeee! his happy little wiggly body will then declare as lucky charms and clovers and bits of fairy dust stir up in his wake, til finally he collides into me and we catch up on all the kisses and hugs that we missed for having been apart in his mind for so very long.

mom did u know i barked at three dogs while u were gone? and i saw not one but two squirrels running across the street?  and didjoo know that the mail lady drives away whether u bark at her or not?  but i barked at her anyway just to make sure she knew i saw her.  and didjoo get me anything? and may i have another snackie? not my kibble but a really fishy snackie u know?oh where's duk duk? i think he was reading upstairs. u want i should get him and we can all snuggle on the sofa together? 

Why yes babydog, I'll tell him as I get back up to dry myself off from our rather licky conversation.

Home, I am always reminded,  is where the wiener dog is. :)


5 comments:

SassySashadoxie said...

Oh, you knows we wait the whole time you are gone thinking of the best way to greet you upon your return.

I once thought Mommy had left while I was napping cause the garage door closed and I didn't see her. I kept thinking she always tells me goodbye and be good. I was worried and so I thought I would practice me hurry back Mommy song while she was gone. (AKA, the mornful hound dog howl). You know she really wasn't gone just in another room. It was grandma and grandpa that had left. She comes back out and of course I gave her the you have been gone oh so long wiggly butt happy dance check to make sure I didn't tinkle and jump and kiss Mommy routine.

We wieners do love our humans. Sasha.

HH and The Boys said...

Great post. There's nothing like being greeted enthusiastically.

pawhugs, Max

Pia said...

such a nice and lovely post! yes, yes, that's so true! home is where the wiener dog is. :)

dachshund kisses

kalyxcorn said...

oh sasha, u know mom has been trying to teach me to howl but i do not understand it at all and i just end up barking at her. then mom stopped cuz she realized i always always come when she howls and she did not want to water down that reaction, cuz u know, she says it is really sweet that i come to her when i am answering her call. i bet your routine is super cute sasha! :)

yes though max i guess honeybear told me u kitties do a much more dignified greeting. i tried once but i just couldn't control myself!! :)

thank u pia! how are things in your country this time of year? it just got cooler and mom says she hopes it stays that way but i say, turn on the heat already!! :)

Jasper + Amy said...

Oh Baxter, I am the same way when my mom comes home, she can't get me out of my crate fast enough!!

Mom has tried to teach me to howl too, Sasha, but it doesn't really work. I think she has caught me doing my impression of a bark/howl when I don't think she is home but she would tell me she'd heard me... right??

Have a wienerful Sunday!!

*Jasper