Friday, April 26, 2013

basic instinct







I'll never forget the day it clicked for the little kielbasa.  The day I was moving stepping stones and tiny chumley just happened to amble up to see what was going on.  The day he saw me digging a new spot for a stone, and realized that he could help me too, just by moving one paw in front of the other.  A giant lightbulb turned on in tiny chumley's head that day, and it has been burning brightly ever since.

Baxter's latest masterpiece is taking on an interesting form to say the least.    Bound on one side by a rather large root, and bound on the other by me sitting on a stool, waiting with garden clippers to help him with tiny roots, his latest endeavor is shaping up to become a deep trench, the purpose for which at least for me is still unknown, although his trench is conveniently near the birdfeeder and next to the tree that thieving squirrels often jump on when Baxter spies them stealing tasty seeds from his birdfeeder.  I wish his little eyes could tell me exactly what he plans to do with this hole, but right now, all I can settle for is being told when it is that I should go in with my clippers and cut some roots,  so his little busy paws can bulldoze them away.  :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we hire Baxter this weekend? We're going to be doing some planting and need someone to help with digging the holes!

Siol

Lovable Lily said...

Great job Baxter! It's nice that Mom was there to help you with your digging to China.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

JillScoggins said...

"Oh Baxter, you so lucky," says little Rusty of Louisville. "Your picture shows you have found heaven on earth....."