Tuesday, December 31, 2013

goodbye 2013






If I think about it hard enough, I know the world still isn't perfect, that we are still flawed in how we treat one another, in our beliefs, or lack thereof, and even in our sense of right from wrong.  We are different, every one of us, and yet we must all live together.

I don't really set out to send out any particular message when tiny chumley and I write our blog posts, but when I look back as I so rarely do, it all seems to be there.  I believe in a world where things always work out, or even if they don't, we merrily make do.  I believe in a world of tolerance, and forgiveness, and love, where a little sausagey dog and a stuffed toy duck can be best friends despite their basic instincts, and where new and rather diverse friends are collected along the way. I believe in the power of cuteness and happiness.

As each year passes it seems there are always things that happen to test these beliefs. But I think there is still much to learn and share from my penguin bodied little friend and his happy go lucky life.  More cheer to spread like sweet and creamy, lightly salted, sunshiney yellow butter on delicious homemade bread. So that we may go out again and face the harsh imperfections of this world, renewed and ready to accept our differences and find the ways in which we can all live together.  

Happy New Year's Eve, my friends.  See you next year! :)
 





  

9 comments:

Jo Ann Calletta said...

Big hug from Quebec. We love you and we wich you a great year for 2014!

Big kiss.
Mattéo, Jet & Jo Ann
x

TheTucsonTrio said...

Even is we don't accomplish all we hope for - we should always dream big! No harm in trying. Wishes for a good year for all.

Cowboy, Ginger & Shorty
Tucson, AZ

Lovable Lily said...

That was soooo beautiful! Wishing you a pawsome 2014. We look forward to your wonderful adventures in the new year.

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

melinda said...

oh that made me cry. My life has been enriched so much by you and Baxter I am so happy and blessed to know you. Happy New Year and The Champion household love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful way with words! I look forward everyday to reading your blog! The boys are raising a glass of monkey-chow milkshake - toasting Baxter, Duk Duk, and all their friends - wishing them and you a happy and healthy New Year, filled with fun and exciting adventures!

Siol

Anonymous said...

Part of what we are grateful for in 2013 was our daily visit to your blog. We look forward to another 365 days of Baxter in 2014! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and life with us. You are making difference in our lives and it is always a pleasure to visit here in the morning to see what Baxter and his famiy have been up to.

We wish you happiness and health in 2014!
Dawn and Wishy

firstyouleap said...

This was really wonderful, thank you so much for taking the time to reflect upon the blog and write such a beautiful piece.
We feel very lucky to 'know' such wonderful souls (human and canine) through social media. You were one of, if not the, first connection. I can see all of the qualities and beliefs you mentioned demonstrated in your various blog posts and the kindness you have shown me during hard times.
Lots of love to you, hubby, the B man! and the extended family.
Melinda and Teagan

Teri Hobbs said...

Such a wonderful sentiment! I absolutely adore Baxter and you, all of his friends, and all of his adventures. I am grateful to have found your blog; you make my day richer and bring smiles all the time. I love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing such a wonderful and inspiring blog. I love sharing your words and pictures with my friends and family. All the best to Baxter, his wonderful and amusing friends and his family and to many more adventures in 2014. B & Wally