Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ants in my pants

dear diary,
so i helped mom put my toyfriends away and have been trying to be a good boy about not running around too much. most of the time it's okay cuz george is on and i'll just sleep, but you know with all that sleeping, well, sometimes it seems like i got ants in my pants and i just gotta shake em out, know what i mean? i mean, i'm only like almost three now and i'm not goin on any walks and i can't kill my toyfriends and i know there are squirrels out there that totally need chasing. but now that my kitty perches are put away, i can't watch them from my windows anymore and the only time i get to see them is when dad carries me outside to do my whiz biz. talk about rrrruffff! mom promised she would look into things we can do so i'm not just sleepin all day and getting all antsy-pantsy at night. diary, if u got any ideas of things i can do that are easy on my back, tell me. i got nuttin, other than me eatin rawhide all day and mom looked at me like that would never happen. if a fella can't play, a fella's at least got to eat, dang it.

hey speakin of playin, i am totally looking forward to the day i can meet up with this here oskar fella. mom wanted me to show you a peek at oskar's other harness, an ambery widewale corduroy number that she thought could use a little pizazz with a small touch of red. just enough to scare away the winter blahs, which i can totally relate to right now. mom likes to think that if oskar's other harness is what astro would wear if elroy took him to the jet screamer concert after party, then this amber one is what maybe the professor from gilligan's island would wear if he were back teaching classes and maryann dressed him. a class up north or at least during winter, because like the other harness, this one is lined in flannel, too.



so that is it for today. i hope u are having a super swell day. me, i mostly plan to sleep. if i do get more ants in my pants, well, maybe i can eat them.

toodles!
b.

13 comments:

jen said...

Did the little guy hurt his neck or back? If it's a muscular issue in his neck, which my itty bitty has experienced (she also has some calcification along her spine -- she's old), my vet said that gentle, moderately paced, even-surface walks were all right. Just no running or pulling or darting or chasing after stuff. It takes longer to go on these kinds of walks, but I found that just being outside helped my Molly.

I could be giving you horrible advice. Better advice: Trust your gut, and your chumley and your vet.

Anonymous said...

How do you keep a dachshund from chasing or darting off? That is the dachshund in a nutshell. I can't wait to have a harness made for Tulip. : ) You are one crafty mama.

Alicia said...

How in the world do you keep pants on Baxter?!! I am so laughing at that picture.
I knew that long ventures were out of the picture but I didn't know that you can't even take tiny chumley for a wee walk. That has to be driving all of you nuts.
This golden vest is da bomb! Looking forward to Oskar's fashion show with great delight...

Erin said...

Hey Baxter! Cute Pants!!!
I have a question :) I'm assuming you are using a DSLR, what kind of lenses do you use?

chloejessica said...

Baxter in pants! Too funny! LOVE the new harness! The mustard color is great with the plaid! Great job! :)

holykowkirby said...

To help get rid of the ants, take off the pants! :) Put Baxter to work by modeling some more of your creations! But don't go hog wild - I don't want too many folks ahead of me when I finally get around to ordering harnesses for my doxies Kirby& Wally!

Elizabeth said...

I don't guess Baxter can knit while he watches tv or just surf the web? That's what I do when I feel crummy.

Lulu says to just go with it and enjoy the laziness.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I love your pants!
I don't have a good advice for you. Just take it easy and soon you will be chasing those squirrels!
The harness is pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

Hi Jen! I think the second yelp episode doesn't help support the muscle theory, but mostly we'll know better once we either get up the nerve to do the 180 neck turn or get our vet to do it. Our vet also said that gentle walks would be fine so long as he wasn't favoring not turning his neck, but that was before the second yelp. Now we figure it's best to play it safe, while not creating a stressful situation where he would be like, totally confined.

Hi Tulip! Baxter sorta responds to this annoying sound I make to tell him to stop, but yeah, doxies in the heat of dart are like scud missles. Just let me know when you'd like a harness. Tulip would be super fun!!

Hi Alicia! maybe in a week we'll try the walk but we'll see. it would be nice to rack up a good amount of yelp free time. Those pants don't stay on long at all. He hates them, especially since the "waist" hits him right at the only sign left that he's a boy (albeit a puppy boy cuz he was fixed early)

Hi Erin! Are you sitting down? It's just a Sony Cypershot (DSC-T50). Like, maybe three or four years old now? I would like it to take better flash-less action shots in low light, but I also don't fiddle with manual settings so maybe it's not the camera's shortcomings but mine.

Hi ChloeJ! Thanks!!:)

Hi Holykowkirby! Trust me, Baxter knows how to take those pants off. Lil punkin will be modelling a new ideer sometime this week. Same form, but I wanted to test my idea of using a nicely knit cotton sweater as the base for a dressy preppyish look. Can't wait to do duds for Kirby and Wally! Just email me when you're ready :)

Hi Elizabeth! Yeah, he totally needs to work on his masters now that he has more time on his hands. :)

Hola Lorenza! Thanks for liking my pants. It makes me feel a little better about having worn them :)

dachsiema said...

It's dachsiema again. I tried to email a msg but it came back. I am at dachsiema@hotmail.

Erin said...

Well you take awesome pictures with that, I'm sure you'd LOVE the Digital SLR cameras!

Guess I just need to get back to learn to be more creative with me very expensive camera! lolol

kalyxcorn said...

haha! I had a Kodak 7490 like forever ago but found the size and price I paid at the time kept me from taking it too many places comfortably. And that wasn't even a full blown SLR. But you're talking to a person who has a cell phone with all these bells n whistles, yet uses it just to make phone calls, and that, barely. What kind do you have? Your shots turn out gorgeous. My friend is the exact opposite of me and likes the big pig cameras, as I call them.

kalyxcorn said...

hey dachsiema! Good thing I had to email u back cuz all this time my head's been calling you dachs-emia, like somehow dachshund mixed with anemia and I was thinking how odd but it works. I like dachshie-ma that much more. It was just me being odd, with my occasional dyslexima (kiddin). Anyway, I emailed u back so hopefully you have something from me. :)