Monday, October 26, 2009

snoozing and sewing

Tiny chumley is sleeping quietly today, lulled into a trance by George's gentle warm breeze. It's another one of those days where it seems like nothing is wrong with him at all. Yet I'm sure he still wonders what all the fuss is about, why his kitty perches are turned on end and his toyfriends are tucked away for safekeeping. Why dad went on walkies without him yesterday. Why we'll be going for walkies today while he sits in his crate. But despite these changes, he's been content for the most part to lie quietly on the floor, on his blankie and sheepskin, and for that I am grateful.

Baxter doesn't care much for being away from the action, even if the action is only the sound of a sewing machine whirring away or dad talking on the phone. He likes being close. He likes to know what his humans doing. I suspect if he gets antsy as a young dog might, we'll need to set up his crate, but for now and with our vet's blessing, we'll leave our snoozy boy to live life on the floor.

Two to three more weeks. I hope he doesn't miss out on all of autumn, but most of all I hope he'll just stay happy. All little doxies deserve at least that much, no matter how hard their bodies might try to work against to them.

I thought I'd also take a moment today to share some peeks at Oskar's new duds. Busy hands make for a less busy mind, so it's been good to do something other than wait and wonder. Today's peek is at Oskar's blue and winter white houndstooth woolen selection, all finished now and ready to wear. I'm glad I didn't have the indigo denim I thought I had for the binding, as I think hand dyed fabric always adds that much more depth visually. I can't wait to see how it looks on little Oskar.



Tomorrow, a Baxter update, and a peek at Oskar's gold and navy duds.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

The photo of snoozing Baxter is beyond adorable! May each nap bring him closer to full health and vigor.

The vest photos made me catch my breath!! I cannot wait to see the finished products on Oskar either!
So beautiful.
You're right, the denim would not have added the depth of color or texture that this binding has. You are quite the fabric artist!!

Many woofs,
Oskar

dachsiema said...

Hi, how do I contact you for sewing outfits for my doxie kids?
C

chloejessica said...

Oscars harness looks so great! I am still amazed of your skills! And Baxter looks so cute napping! Have a great week! :)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I love to be close to my mom and grandparents all the time!
I hope you are feeling better!
Oskar's harness is pawesome!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

firstyouleap said...

Jeeves and I are sending many hugs (gentle) and much good energy to Baxter and his human family. The little guy brightens our day even when he isn't feeling up to par.

kalyxcorn said...

Thanks, everybody! All the wishes and prayers and thoughts. I know there are dogs much worse off than Baxter, and there are all sorts of things going on in the world, and it makes your love and interest that much more special.

Hey Dachsemia! I set up alchemy on my Etsy shop but before we try that drop me a line at the email on the kalyxcorn profile and we can start a convo if you'd like.
:)