Friday, October 16, 2009

hibernation





I haven't seen much of our little Jacques these past couple of days. With the overcast cool weather still looming about, our chilled wiener has abandoned his daily routine in favor of dormancy deep under cover, roasting in his winter bed while the portable heater he has named George blows gently on his blankie covered mound. Mealtimes and walkies were but brief interruptions to Baxter's state of hibernation.

Though I understand Baxter's plight, I must admit I miss seeing his little chipper face in all the places I expect him to be throughout the day. Today, at least, with dad working from home, Baxter has found himself a new cozy place to park. Sleep well little fella, the sun will come out soon.

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Yes, cold weather means I am under covers all the time!
Here is still very hot. I wonder if we are going to have a winter season this year!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Hi Baxter, You are just like me! My mummy keeps sneaking up on me while I am snuggled under blankets. I think she misses me so sometimes I burrow under her sweatshirt (while she is wearing it) ahh share the heat.
Keep warm Baxter.
Love Dachshund Luke