Saturday, November 28, 2009

doxie di milo



Baxter usually likes to make himself scarce once he figures out we're leaving him behind and containment in our bedroom is inevitable. Most of the time, he chooses dimly lit nooks and crannies in which to conceal his sausagey body, emitting nary a peep as we wander the house looking for him. Yet I wonder if he'd have any better luck hiding out in the open, standing still like a statue amongst all the other doxie stuff we've accumulated over the years. Today, we are off with my folks to scour the flea market for treasures, whilst Baxter's dad stays behind with the little kielbasa to work and hopefully catch up on some rest. No hiding necessary today, but it never hurts to practice.

5 comments:

Alli and Frankie said...

So glad you didn't get stuck at home alone this time, Baxter! I hate it, too! :) Frankie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I am sure you had a nice time with your Dad!
Did your mom find nice treasures today??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Baxter, I do the same thing! Only I hide under the coffee table and they can't see me. You know there are numerous benefits to being the shortest member of the family!
Snuggles,
Twix

kalyxcorn said...

haha! just the other day Baxter was hiding under the sideboard and it took me a few minutes to find him there. hard to imagine they can get so invisible after being so in your face! :)

Marene and Ali said...

Ali comes in while I am in the shower and checks out my clothes. Going out clothes or stayin' home clothes. I get a look over the shoulder if it's going out clothes. So smart aren't they.