Tuesday, December 7, 2010

secret me likey dat: tiny chumley's birthday present


Since having left the dual income world, and having become an occasional exhibitor at craft shows, I now find myself mostly cured of the craft show shopping bug. What I lack in abundance of funding, I have in surplus of time. I see so many things I figure I could make, or should make. And of course, I have so many things already.

Yet there are still artful wonders out there, artistic styles that don't come naturally for me. There is art I still must buy, in appreciation to the artist for their crafty viewpoint, and to fuel my own inspiration.

Today, a peekypoo at the little kielbasa's birthday present, a swell score from Blue Hen Pottery at last Sunday's show. In search of a large coffee mug, I hadn't really planned on buying the little chum anything, yet there it was, a sweet little dog bowl with the kind of drawing I would think Baxter draw if only he weren't limited by his stubby little thumbless paws.

I stood in Blue Hen's booth, torn at first, feeling sentimental about replacing Baxter's wally world avocado green melamine bowl, and yet feeling very excited by the coolness before me. And I reminded myself that he has a fair amount of bowls already, having also inherited two bowls from Kep and Padua, that now serve as water bowls both upstairs and downstairs. Three bowls. Did we really need a fourth? Happily, I decided the answer was yes.


So how many dog bowls do I think one little Dachshund possibly have? Let's just say that come December 12th, I am certain the answer will be somewhere between four and infinity. :)

12 comments:

M.A said...

Miss T! My mommy loves Baxter's new bowl! His kibble will sure taste a whole lot better in a bowl with doxie drawings on it! :-)

woof!
Kona

HH and The Boys said...

Wonderful bowl.. Man, Baxter, you eat in style... pawhugs, Max

Kerri said...

Too cute! Perhaps a bowl for every bed? =.)

old lady said...

The bowl is adorable! Rhett has four dog beds spread around and of course one human bed for night time sleeping. So more bowls - of course!!

Bludog said...

Bart's birthday is also Sunday! As you know, he is getting something artist-made, but it ain't a dogbowl ;-)

kalyxcorn said...

hi kona! I'm sure Baxter will love his birthday meal in it. And guess what - your neighbor's dud is done! you've been such a great little ambassador! :)

hee, o kerri, max, n shortoldlady, this makes up for his travel bowl, which is really just a plastic quarter pound deli tub! I wonder if he'd like a bed with a cutout just for a bowl - kinda like those recliners with the drink holder built in!


whoo, I know bart's gonna love his present!

kriips said...

This is too awesome! I hope Baxter aka possibly The Second Cutest Dog In The World (I have to put our own Charlie on # one, sorry!) will enjoy his new bowl. Thank you for the purchase - I had a blast drawing that buddy with all those bones he's dreaming about...
So happy it went to a good home! And to have found a new blog to follow! Cheers!

Kyley and Ammo the Dachshund said...

I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous....LOVE IT! :)

Kerri said...

I bet B would love a bed with a bowl cut-out! And a George stand, too!

Hannalei said...

That is such a cute bowl. I like to imagine B drawing. Ha too sweet! Mine all have dollar tree matching melamine bowls. Goofy looking things. B's new bowl has style. Love it!!! :)

Rowdy and Bette said...

You can never have enough bowls. And Joey really digs the spots!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with wanting to surround yourself with nice things. And that bowl is REALLY nice!
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more