Monday, January 3, 2011

testing testing 123









I'm not really one to make resolutions, but there is something this year that I really must resolve to do. Learn how to use the new Sony DSC-TX9 camera that Santa Boyfriend left under the Christmas tree.

I must admit, for a point and shoot camera, there are a LOT of new settings to learn, and there are a few newfangled features like 3D and underwater panorama that I could have done without. But for the most part, if this low light evening shot of the little kielbasa is any indication, this camera is very promising. And it as a pet setting, which I can't wait to try out.

So I think once I build a relationship with my new tiny black box, we'll be fine. Though for me at least, it'll take a bit of time. Unlike the little kielbasa, got used to the new camera in no time at all.

o, it's one of those things but in a different color. do i get a snackie for this?

10 comments:

M.A said...

Wow! Pretty impressive for a point & shoot!

But as you know, anything that has Baxter's face on it always looks good! Isn't that right Mr. B?

Lorenza said...

You are going to get the best pictures!
Congratulations on your new camera!
Happy monday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Hannalei said...

Gosh and I thought all the other pictures you took looked awesome. So whatcha doing with the old one.. my address is ..... LOL :)

HH and The Boys said...

That picture of you is one of my favorites, Baxter. It looks like you're staring at me. Oh...oh... and thanks for the heads up on our Mom maybe making a quilt this year. I'll be on the lookout for shots of the progress on that... I do love!!!!! quilts.

pawhugs, Max

Elizabeth said...

beautiful shot!

docsdox said...

keep us posted on your impressions of the camera. i have an older relative of your camera - a T50, which for the most part has been pretty good to me. in regular and semi-low light it's been great. in low light it seems to flash too brightly and bleach everything out, as well as show "orbs" occasionally. digital editing helps, but not all the time. i do give kudos for the portability of the camera, which makes up for its shortcomings somewhat.

by the way - loving your use of the watermarks - the reflection in baxter's eye from the jan 2 post was very clever! =)

Kerri said...

"You are getting veddddy sleepy ..."

Rowdy and Bette said...

Looks great - although your photos always look great!

kalyxcorn said...

ha - a T50 is what I have right now too! it'll be good to have around as a beater camera still, like for taking to NY. this one is still in its shiny new fragile stage. yeah I love hiding the watermark but sometimes I forget where they are!

happy monday everybody! :)

Owned ByDoxies said...

Oh a new game...Find the Watermark! I never noticed them before but now I feel compelled to click the pics just so I can look for them!