Monday, August 10, 2009

Operation Dinosaur Bone



dear diary,
yesterday i had a grand ol time gnawing on a giant rawhide bone that mom gave me for being good all week long. it was so big, i was sure it came from a dinosaur! at first i didn't know what to do with it cause it was so big, but once i found a quiet space under the coffee table, i settled down and started gnawing away. you can imagine my disappointment when mom came back like half an hour later to put my bone away. i barely finished half of one of the knots! she said i might get sick if i ate too much in one day and that she would keep the bone safe in the laundry room until i could have it again later this week. later? like WHEN is that??? do i even know how to tell time???

then this morning i got all excited cause I thought she was going to give it to me when she came out of the laundry room but all she had was my morning snack. i tried to show her my disappointment by snubbing it. i even spat out the piece of kibble she put into my mouth. but it turns out my tummy wasn't very happy with that decision and so a couple of minutes later i snuck back to the pile of food and ate it. duk duk laughed at me because he said the whole thing made me look like a maroon. i really need to come up with something better cause i don't think i'm gonna be able to hypnotize her again. duk duk thinks i should spring this new look on her that i've been workin on. do you like it? i try to make my body look as tiny as possible and then i do this shivering like i've been starving out in the cold. i know, it's summer and like a hundred degrees out, so i'm not sure if it's gonna work or not. if you got any ideas on how i can get at that bone, please let me know.

toodles,
b.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
She took your bone away from you?? hmmmm... not funny!
your plan sounds great! I hope it works!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Oh, my sweet Baxter! I am so sorry you have such a mean Mommy. Should I come over and have a talk with her for you? You could also try avoiding her and then she might get your bone cause she will want some of your love.
Love and hugs,
Twix

Rowdy and Bette said...

Finally some time to post some comments Baxter. Sorry, we read every day, but often can't get the time to tell you how much we like your posts! Your duk duk stories always crack us up, and we think of you every day when we eat our frozen duck
duck goose