Friday, October 23, 2009

an inconvenient truce



dear diary,
so i have no idea what the fuss is all about but lately mom n dad have been treatin me like royalty. i don't mind, except for the fact that they won't let me horse around as much as usual. that is really the pits cuz guess what - a package came yesterday and inside was a present from oskar - for ME! it was a bunny toyfriend!! how could i be any luckier? my day was definitely lookin up after having spent some of it in a box while mom ran some errands. i sure hope i can meet oskar one day so we can play together. he seems like such a good boy.









anyways, here is me, playin with my new friend bunnito bunnalini just moments before mom told me i had to sign an interim peace treaty with him on account of my neck thingy and how i should take it easy for a while.

crikey! i'm a wolf, not an ambassador.














but mom as right cuz i don't wanna be hurtin like that again. so with great reluctance, i stopped trying to kill him. and cuz neither of us know how to sign our names and what with the piggy flu n all, we just kinda bumped paws.









it's really not fair, diary. who ever heard of a truce with a bunny??? sigh. but i guess i can live with being nice to bunnito for a couple of weeks. i am glad i still have my dewclaws cuz i am counting down the days and need all my toes and my tail and both my ears just to do it. just 13 more days til you're toast, bunnito bunnalini.












pssst - i've been thinking about it and don't tell anybody but i've been havin fun with bunnito and i don't even have to de-stuff him to do it. maybe this truce ain't so bad after all. thanks again oskar and oskar's mom for my new toyfriend! yippee!!

toodles,
b.

6 comments:

jen said...

Would it be possible to purchase a large form print of this collage? I LOVE it and would love to frame it and hang it in my house.

Alicia said...

You take the BEST pictures of Baxter in every situation!

Baxter is also very smart, coming up with a name like Bunnito Bunnalini for his toy. Oskar calls his toy Mr. BunBun...it has fewer difficult syllables!!
We're so happy that Baxter is playing nicely so far, as we became concerned about the vigorous head whipping these dogs do; in light of Baxter's sore neck.
Perhaps Duk Duk will have some stories to share with Bunnito in the interim!

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling Bunnito will be spilling his guts soon...

Anonymous said...

awwee... Baxter that is sweet!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Oskar was very nice sending you a present!
Bunnito is great!
Have fun together!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

Hi Jen! Sure - I'll post it over to zazzle tomorrow morning and I think you can pick your own size & price point. If for some reason I can't allow for that, what size-ish would you like? The zazzle store link is like on the bottom of the right sidebar.