Thursday, October 8, 2009

love is a battlefield

I sometimes wonder what Baxter thinks of all my picture taking. Most of the time, he's pretty easy and goes along with the plan, letting me snap away and even throwing an occasional Tyra glance my way to sweeten the results. Most of the time, I found out, unless he is at a civil war battlefield.

Acres and acres of open land and the scent of freshly mown hay captivated Baxter's senses while we roamed the battlefield park after our time at the doxie festival. Where soldiers once fought, now a little wiener dog happily trundled with nose glued to the ground in search of bunnies.

With so much to smell and so little time to do it in, Baxter threw me a Tyra only once, by the gigantic statue of Stonewall Jackson. Enough, he hoped, to get mom off his back so he could get on with the hunt.

9 comments:

Nibbles Treats said...

Lovely photos! You look very statuesque also.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Alicia said...

My goodness, Baxter looks even more noble than "Stonewall" Jackson!

This utterance is, of course, treason as I'm a Yankee gal now living in tall cotton.

This is Manassas,yes?

chloejessica said...

Baxter looks very warrior like and cute! :)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
That is a pawesome picture!
You are very good posing for your Mom!
When we are out walking, there is no way I look at my mom. With all the things I find to sniff, there is no time for posing!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

All three of my dogs constantly give me tired glances whenever I whip out the camera. Which is a lot! I know they're thinking, "really mom? Again with the camera? This is getting to be a bit much, don't you think?" Hehe.

Erin said...

LOL my dachshunds hate the camera, but they are learning that treats come from listening to mom and looking at the black thing! :)))

kalyxcorn said...

yes good ol'Manassas. Where Disney once threatened to invade.

hi everybody!!

Rowdy and Bette said...

What a little HERO!

Mary-Alice P. said...

Love these photos!! Thanks so much for posting on Dog Jaunt!