Wednesday, November 25, 2009

humbugged

I have a feeling tiny tumnus won't be fully engaged in the spirit of sharing and giving that typically permeates this holiday season. Sure he's wonderful with toyfriends and even something precious like his rawhide, but there is one thing he doesn't want share at all, the attention and love he gets from the humans who rescued him.

Robin and her daughter left for home this morning, and it seems an almost audible sigh of relief came from our little kielbasa boy. It's not that he doesn't enjoy their company, for he dearly loves them same as he comes to love all those who enter our household and stay a while, but it's the shift in activity that seems to cause him most concern, that causes him to amp up his impish behavior in hopes of regaining the attention he feels is rightfully his and his alone. Socks get mysteriously strewn about, the backs of my hand are gently nibbled, and anything I am working with on the floor is greeted by a cold wet nose and sat upon until there is nothing else I can do other than move the tiny offender in my lap.

Baxter sleeps peacefully now that zen is restored to his home, though he doesn't yet realize that another batch of family distractions is due to arrive this evening. Sleep well, little fella. There's a lot more imping to do in the coming weeks...

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I don't have a problem sharing my mom with visitors. But sometimes they make me feel nervous! I greet them and then wait for the time they are going away!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Baxter,
Hang in there friend. I know how you feel.

Kisses, Tulip

Tulip will nip our legs when she's being ignored.

Erin said...

Bubbles loves company, while Texas really could do without it, but warms up gradually.

Taffy said...

HeHe! Baxter, you reminded Mom of something I used to do when I was younger. Daddy would be reading the newspaper and I would be "needing" his attention so I would climb in his lap and sit on top of the paper. I don't get why humans need all these other things besides us, do you?
Snuggles,
Twix
PS: We have been playing ketchup for quite some time now. It seems we have been behind since Grandma went to the hospital the first time. Anyway, we know how you feel.