Monday, November 16, 2009

mad skills not included

A bountiful score of old keys, vintage brooches, and tarnished silverware scored at the flea market on yesterday, thanks to my favorite vintage crack vendor Randy and a few other favorite buddies. I can't wait to mess with my new goodies, though I suspect it's time for me to acquire some mad skills in the metal joining department if I'm gonna see some of my new ideas to their fruition. A Christmas present idea for me from the hubby, maybe, if I can find the right books or class to take.

Tiny Tutankhamen joined us on our Sunday foray, keeping his nose glued to the ground in hopes of scoring his own sort of treasure, of a decidedly edible nature. The search for delicious trampled popcorn. It's always highlight for this doxie's day out at the market, though meeting new people and shaking their hands comes in a close second once he remembers a reward comes with every shake. So close a second that sometimes when he makes the connection and there is little floor corn to be found, he confidently wanders up to kindly strangers and offers to shake their hand, looking back at me expectantly, as if to tell me payment is due in full at the time of services rendered. Yep, just another fine day in the life of a wiener dog and his crafty mom.

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Sure it was great to go with your parents to the flea market!
Your mom found nice things! I am sure she is going to make something special with them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bludog said...

OK, I have an idea for you with the keys and the silverware ... wind chimes. I have a wind chime in the kitchen which was made with a strainer/sieve and some antique silverware. I will take a picture and send it to you.