Friday, December 4, 2009

sleeping beauty

Little Kielbasa slept most of the day yesterday, occasionally moving from one cozy flannel blankie covered bed to another as he tried to keep both mom and dad company while we worked in opposite ends of the house. Lately, it's been a challenge for Baxter to catch all the shut eye he normally gets, with our schedules being unusually unpredictable because of work, visitors, and preparation for shows. Tiny wheels in his head whirr furiously, trying to maintain a delicate balance between staying aware of all that's going on, and getting the shut eye he needs.

I suspect that's why Baxter gave me the look he did today, after I accidentally woke him up from a deep snooze while taking his picture. Please promise me you'll wake me up if you go somewhere or see some squirrels, will you? I'll just be right here, sleeping.

9 comments:

chloejessica said...

Haha I always get that look when I try and sneak a photo of Chloe sleeping! :)

Scottish Terrier Puppy said...

Nice pictures! I like the way you described his facial expression :) It is very accurate.

Erin said...

Aww he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Baxter your bed looks comfy. Tulip and Picasso have been shut in from the cold as well. Take it easy little man.

Taffy said...

Hey Bax! As you get older you will realize what things are important enough to keep you from sleeping and what things are just stuff. At least in my 10 years I've figured that out. Mostly I don't care what Mom and Dad are doing unless it is in the kitchen or I hear the front door open....to me the rest is just stuff!
Yes, Dad likes his bluetooth. He wears it everyday at work but he has to use his hands quite a bit. It is one he got with his phone.
I'm not sure where the HTML code is for that photo. I've tried to look for it. I don't load it onto my blog as HTML, I load it as a photo. I can copy what I think is the right part later tonight at home and send it to you if you want.
I use Picasa to upload my photos and there is an option on there to add a watermark to you images. Let me know if you have questions about how I do that and I would be happy to help you.
Whew! I need a nap now!
Snuggles,
Twix

Cole said...

Aww, Baxter! You're such a cutie! I hope you get a good nap soon.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I have been under my blankies all day long! Today was a very cold day and I did not want to do anything!
I like to see my grandma around the house, so I try to choose a good spot to keep an eye on her all the time!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh my word - Baxter. Could you be any cuter? We love you!!!!

kalyxcorn said...

hi everybody! visitors coming soon. will chat in the wee hours!:)