Sunday, May 30, 2010

grooming is for girls

Unlike Kep who could sit in my lap for hours while I flea combed him, loving every minute of all the massaging and luxurious handling, the act of grooming isn't something that Baxter believes to be a good use of his time. Sure, I will sleep by your side for hours, he says, and I will even let you dress me up however you want, but sittin still just so u can comb me with that thingy? No thanks. Groomin's for girls and besides I got bunnies to chase.

So that is how it's been these past two years groomingwise, nightly teeth brushing, bi-weekly pedicures, occasional baths and ear cleaning, but no combing. Til one day recently when I found him repeatedly nibbling at himself after a romp in the backyard. Not just an itch, I realized.

I reached in the drawer for Kep and Padua's flea comb and went to work on my restless boy.

Twenty minutes passed before I found the offending tiny bug, and by that time I had amassed a rather large fluffy ball of short red fur and dander. Almost enough for a newborn baby brother for Baxter, I realized. Okay, low maintenance boyfriend, mr. groomin's for girls, we gotta do this more often. Maybe I can find him a brush with flames and daggers on it.


5 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Glad you got rid of that bug!
I don't like to be groomed either!
Happy sunday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you to come back to the blog world and see you haven't taken a break! Itchy little bugs are the worst!

kalyxcorn said...

hee - it's been something doin the daily bloggin but it's all about spreadin the doxie love! :)

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Poor Baxter. Mom is giving us baths today!!!

Taffy said...

Baxter, tell her next time you want a rawhide to nibble on while she combs you ;o)
Mom says she won't have any trouble seeing fleas on me this summer since I've lost most of my furs.
Snuggles,
Twix