Monday, May 10, 2010

shiny happy sunday


picnic in the park,
after visiting the flea,
lucky lucky me!
- baxter, 3.4 years old, writing about his fun day
chasing squirrels, meeting new friends, and hanging with his mom and dad.



A full day of doing for tiny chumley, whose nose took him everywhere he wanted to go. In search of backyard squirrels, in search of flea market popcorn, in search of park squirrels, and finally in search of backyard squirrels again. In fact, that's pretty much the way I'm sure Baxter remembers his day, with nose to the ground taking whiff after whiff like a little vacuum cleaner, save for the times when the good smells came to him (glad to smell ya, Kerri & Kerri's mom, and thanks for being blogfriends!!), or when he actually found squirrels to chase (and today there were many). A shiny, happy day for the little kielbasa, who is now curled up beside me, sound asleep.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Too bad we missed seeing you at the flea market. We were over in the yard sale section but left around noon. Saw lots of cute doggies, even a handsome male Lulu look-a-like.

Fernanda e Pink said...

Parabens a todas as mamães de cachorro pelo seu dia.
beijos

kalyxcorn said...

hi elizabeth! oh man we missed you by like, an hour or something! ah there is always next time. :)

hola fernanda y pink! :)

Alicia said...

Sounds like a perfect dachshund day to me!

Woofs,
Oskar

3 doxies said...

Hehehehe...my mum get s irrittated when da nose is always to da ground. Her says it's not good fur pikture takin. I guess cuz my nose ALWAYS seems to be on da ground.
B, so glads you had a most wonderful weekend.
Puddles

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
Sure you had a great day!
Nose to the ground... I know about that!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Peejums said...

He sure is photogenic! I come here almost every day to see your great shots of Bax!

kalyxcorn said...

aw thanks for visiting. I love when you leave comments cuz I get to say Peejums in my head, and for some reason that makes me happy! peejums peejums peejums!