Wednesday, June 9, 2010

chiaroscuro doxico

dear diary,
so i don't know if i told you mom enrolled me in art class for the summer. i am not sure why but i guess it had something to do with me thinkin jar jar binks was high art. like how was i supposed to know he wasn't? anyways, even though it means i am sort of in summer school, the snacks have been good and sometimes we get assignments that are actually kind of fun. this week we studied chiaroscuro and had to make our own interpretation of that style. so this is me, in the light and shadow, with my paws way high up in the air, cuz sometimes, that's just what i like to do. i sure hope my teaches likes my project!

toodles!
b.

10 comments:

sio said...

Baxter -- Summer school sounds like a bummer, but art class - oohh that could be fun! Thoughts on your art project: 1) reminds me of Titian (but he painted nude redheads of the girl persuasion) 2) Nicely angled photo (no need for a fig-leaf) 3) I thought your mom and I had just discussed the no-nos of doggie tummy tanning and 4) eerily reminds me of patients in the O.R.! You do have talent - ever thought of being a model??!!

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh my word I want to scratch that belly!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You'll get an A on that project, Baxter!

Anonymous said...

High Art, Baxter, High Art.
Tail wags, kate & allie

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sorry about the summer school thingy, butt that is one fine photo.

kalyxcorn said...

hey now miss sio, it's not like u can SEE the sunscreen on me, but let me tell u, i sure can smell it! mom slathered that stuff on me and i thought she was k-ra-zee! so is it ok for me to lick myself occasionally with that stinky stuff on? cuz i SO wanna!! and - hee- um, i got some pictures that needed a fig leaf but i sorta figured i would try to get an A without it! ;)

ooo, somebody wanna scratch my tummy? go for it!! :)

hi kate n allie n frankie furter n person anonymous! :)

DoMoFi said...

Pawrents wanna rub ur belly! ^^;

Bludog said...

I give your art "4 paws up!"

Lorenza said...

That is a perfect chiaroscuro example!
Good job, Baxter!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sandra said...

oh how very artistic of you. I'm sure you will ace the class!

Flash Alven and Dottie