Friday, July 16, 2010

most interesting day, everyday

Most days, it seems tiny chumley wakes up with an extra burst of energy, a certain boundless enthusiasm for a day that he is convinced will become a Most Interesting Day. A day, by his definition of Most Interesting, that could as easily be full of intriguing new experiences as it could a day full of simple pleasures like tummy rubs and eating rawhide. A day that he always manages to make come to fruition, if not by sheer will alone.

Being of the half determined nature to stay at home and make things for Bucktown, I tried my best to ignore the bright sausage shaped pleading energy ball sitting attentively by my side while I sewed away the morning, yet by lunchtime I could ignore his fuzzy face no longer.

Baxter's goals for another Most Interesting Day, fulfilled yesterday with rawhide and a romp with the squirrels in the backyard. Yippee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay----- the only thing you need to bring to Bucktown is Baxter!!!!

Alicia said...

Funny thing, Oskar is not a "morning dog". Never has been. He'll get up, do his business outside and maybe nose around for a minute, but then he goes back inside and burrows into bed until his breakfast is presented. He won't get out of the bed unless he hears the rumpling of the ziplock bag which contains shredded cheese, knowing that his EN kibble is prepared just right.
Such a life...

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
I know about waking up full of energy too! But then, my mom goes to work and I stay with my grandparents. My grandma is always busy doing things. My grandpa takes lots of naps. Sooooo... I follow my grandpa's example. It is until my mom comes back that I feel re-charged and ready for walkies and to play!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

kalyxcorn said...

hee - if only i could go! mom says it probably will be too hot for me to travel with them. boo hoo!

oooh EN - I love the canned stuff! Hi Oskar!!

Aw - i like that u keep your grandpa company while he naps, Lorenza!

toodles! -b