Saturday, August 14, 2010

bedbug

The plan back in the winter of 2007 when we first brought Baxter into our home was that he would sleep in his own very comfy bed at night, choosing as he first did to sleep under our bed, covered by cozy new blankies in a bed inherited from his forebrothers. That plan evolved when I would awake in the middle of the night to answer nature's call, and as I returned, I would be greeted by a very chilled wienerpup, his gently wagging tail and big brown eyes soulfully pleading - and always winning - his case on a nightly basis that our human bed could most certainly accommodate just one more very small, ever so tiny furry little four legged boy.

Nowadays as far as bedtime is concerned, we both gladly skip to the chase. After having his teeth brushed, our little bedbug trundles over to my side of the bed and waits to be lifted in, where he promptly burrows under to lie in the crook of his dad's legs. And there he sleeps, sometimes migrating up to surface for air, sometimes churning about like an egg beater with little demanding paws pushing into our backs.

And sometimes, as I found out yesterday when I peeled back the sheets in the middle of the night, our little comical bedbug sleeps like this.

12 comments:

Hannalei said...

OMG... hehe .. now that is a hilarious picture!! Does Bax have a tat on his inner thigh or am I seeing things? :)

kyley said...

haha he looks just like Ammo!
Ammo gets tucked into his own little bed in the living room, but without fail there always is a tiny little knock on our door come morning and a wimper to say "please let me in, I'm cold"....by morning he's twisted in the sheets and hogging all our pillows.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

HYSTERICAL

Alicia said...

I love those belly up, contorted sleeping positions! Sometimes it doesn't look very comfortable, but I know Oskar sleeps quite well all upside down and twisted. Snoring, little woofs and herky-jerky leg actions are entertaining too.

Owned ByDoxies said...

Oh my...I had to cover Heidi's eyes for this one...

Bludog said...

Molly took over our Doberman Sadie's big custom made bolster bed after Sadie left us. It is filled with (bed) pillows and blankets. Every night we try to put Molly in our bed, but she's having none of it. She just plops off of the edge - like a stunt man falling into one of those huge foam bolsters. Molly prefers her own company, her own bed and her own blankets and pillows for sleeping. Boo hoo.

kalyxcorn said...

hee - that is my secret mark of zorro! mom says it is actually an N and apparently i got it when i was little when the lady that owned me before had me fixed. like why would i even need fixin? and could i have gotten sumptin else - like say a bunny n crossbones? i guess i will never know.

hi everybody! hope u r having a swell saturday! :)

Jiorji said...

HAHAH i love that picture

Cole said...

Too cute!!

A MilShelb Mom said...

LOVE the picture! Milly and Shelby take over our bed every night. Shelby sprawls out and takes up more room than I ever thought possible. Cracks me up!
~Maggie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Baxter!
We had a good laugh seeing you in that position on the bed!
I sleep on the big bed too... and I like to change places with my mom... all night long. I wonder why shes says she never sleeps well!
Happy saturday!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Taffy said...

Bax, I don't get it. Why are humans so amused with our sleeping positions? I sleep like that too and I get my picture taken like that alot too. It sure is comfy, ain't it?
Snuggles,
Twix