Monday, September 6, 2010

baxter and duk duk's amazing feats of summer: part 3 - world's longest stay

dear diary,
well what can i say other than it is hard to believe that labor day is already here and school starts tomorrow. everything crept up so fast that duk duk and i really didn't have a lot of time to prepare for our last and final attempt this summer to break a world record, so i thought i should try my paw at the world's longest stay, cuz i have so much practice with it every night at meal time when mom puts my bowl down at the end of our training session.

now, i know this video is reaally long, but duk duk thinks we have to present it in its entirety else nobody might believe us. nothing is evident without evidence,right?


so anyways, besides making our last attempt to break a world record this summer, i also got to go to the flea market AND the hot dog place with mom n dad. not the hot dogs like me hot dog place, but the kind that u eat. not that i had any, boo hoo, but it was nice to enjoy the coolness of the shaded outdoor eating area.

well i am off to hang with mom n dad again today cuz it's labor day. hope u are having just as fun a day!! :) -b

9 comments:

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
I watched all the video. The 6:08 minutes... and I still can't believe it!
You are sooooo good! There is no way I can do that!
Glad you had a great day going to the flea market and the hot dog place!
I hope you have a pawesome Labor Day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jeanne said...

Poe and I watched the whole thing too! We can't believe what a good boy you are. And so handsome, too!

By the way, leaky butt made an appearance in our house today. Poe was just lying on her side in a patch of sun, when all of a sudden, peeeeeeee-yew!

If only leaky butt would drive away fleas.

Bludog said...

This is Molly speaking. HOW DARE YOU GIVE THE PEOPLE IDEAS!?! That better not happen in our house. I know where to sit when it's dinner time and then food is served to me - placed upon my little cushion, so I can eat reclining like an ancient Roman. JEEZ! I have my people trained, not the other way around.

And, Baxter, here on vacation we not only have squirrels - regular ones and white ones - we have flying squirrels! You need to catch some of this action, my friend. But I don't know about you bringing that "sit - stay" lady along...

kalyxcorn said...

aw thanks for watching the whole, lorenza! that alone might qualify u for the world record, too!! ;)

hee hee hee, oh poe, we are totally in the p-eeeeeew club 2gether! i am sooo glad it's not just me anymore!

ooooh, bludog. u have ALL those kinds of squirrels? we've been a little shy on them here, what with us runnin out of birdseed. if mom can't ever make it, i think i really need to fire up my flea market car and maybe duk duk n i can take turns driving! and don't worry, molly, i promise not to stay at all for my meal. your mom can totally feed me like a little cesar!! :)

Alli and Frankie said...

Baxter's mommy - I have started the "tail tucking" thing. Let's hope it works. :)

jen said...

Holy moley, Buster! Please come to our house and teach my nutties how to wait so well! That is the most amazing wonderful impressive thing ever. EVER. Ever. You're awesome!

Ammo the dachshund said...

Baxter you're amazing! I think u need to go on the road with me and the Trick Ponies!

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee - maybe next summer when i visit auntie robin we can do a special appearance together at the store!! that would be so fun!!!!! :)

Ruby and Penny said...

Good job Baxter. We watched the whole think too, but in fast forward mode.
We think our butts smell divine, mom says not.
Love Ruby & Penny