Monday, October 11, 2010

the paw paw trail

Hello, it's me, Baxter, your roving rover reporter reporting to you today from my walkies to the park. Now, I have to tell you this walkies wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be, cuz mom said something about how when we got there, we'd be picking up somebody named Nick, and I was like, what, who's this guy named Nick and who'd pick him anyway? Pick Nick? That totally sounded like a campaign slogan, and I'm too young to vote. Anyhoo, I tried my best to look for him, but I never did see this guy Nick. Still we managed to have a very fine time without him and I got to see like a jillion and one squirrels. Mom n dad had a fine time too, eating lunch at one of Nick's tables. Me, I was way too distracted by all the squirrel action to eat, especially since we walkied on a new trail - one that sounded like it was designed just for doggies like me, but boo hoo, the paw paw they were referring to was actually a plant or sumptin. It was still pretty nice so I can't complain. We must have walkied like a good three miles!

Well, I have to cut this report short because Duk Duk just told me he overheard mom talking about giving me a bath. If any of you can recommend a good hiding place, I'd be most appreciative. This is Baxter your roving rover reporter hiding out.

10 comments:

Hannalei said...

You have such lovely places to go a'roaming. I need to take my pups on more walkies. My Tushie needs it too!! XoXo

Kerri said...

Our first doxie found that hiding under the dead center of the queen bed made it a little harder for us to get him.

Bludog said...

Molly sez,"thanks for that shot of Bax's bedonk-a-donk!" ;-)

Alicia said...

Bath time threats?
Oskar recommends hiding under the lowest possible piece of furniture, especially if it has a skirt which is perfect for concealing your location. Just don't bark or whine, thus giving away your location.

Good luck!

Jenni said...

Baron is very skilled at hiding in the exact center of the queen sized bed in the guest room. I have all sorts of under the bed containers and he still finds a way to get under there and he knows he's just out of reach. However, Baron loves baths and he often jumps in when someone is showering. :)

Lorenza said...

Pawesome place for a Pick Nick!
Sorry you did not find him!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

You are so clever.
How do you get Baxter's nails so very short. I used a grinder when Ali was young but just all of a sudden one day she decided that was enough of that. I kept it moving so it did not get hot etc etc.

He is so loved and cared for. I wish all pups could have a home and a Mom and Dad like Baxter. I still think he would love a brother. Someone to helpambush those squirrels. Love you Baxter.
Marene&Ali

kalyxcorn said...

hiya! so good to hear from you, Marene & Ali! yep, Baxter's pawgiene routine still uses a cordless dremel tool and we try to make sure we do it every other week at the latest.any longer and it's a chore for both of us. Baxter rarely gets "free" rawhide anymore cuz I suspect it might contribute to stinky butt, but he most definitely gets it after we successfully finish doing his nails. I hope he never realizes he has the option to be a rebel with a cause, but hopefully the rawhide keeps him nice n focused. Hee,never say never on a sibling, but really, he seems to adore the relationship we have, as do I. :)

Kerri said...

Has Baxter tried pig ears? I read something a long time ago that some vets don't recommend rawhide -- something about being difficult to digest -- but I'm not sure if that was ever debunked or not. Minnie would have given away the family fortune for a pig ear.

kalyxcorn said...

hee - baxter's problem isn't exactly digestive. never tried but not a big fan of the pig ear for fat content, and uh, pig ear-iness! though baxter's cousins have all loved the stuff!!