Monday, February 28, 2011

d is for daffodil


dear diary,
guess what! mom n dad took me for rideys yesterday and we ended up at this restaurant and i didn't even have to wait in the car cuz they took me with them! yep, that's right. my first official dining al fresco parisian moment. at a place where they bring u water and menus and napkins and everything. well, for the humans anyway. me, i just got a bowl of water. which was okay, cuz really, i was all about finding scraps on the floor. after i made sure that the four big dogs at the table across the way knew that i was on to them. but can u believe they all barked back at me??

all in all it was a fine time, though let's not talk about the time out that i had to spend in mom's lap for stirring up that barkfest. how embarrassing. duk duk says i really should rethink my whole bark philosophy, on account of the fact that i'm so small, if i stayed quiet, those big dogs might never have noticed me and nobody would have got in trouble. but i say i'm gonna bring him and his feathery tushie next time we go to the dog park and then we'll see who barks or quacks first at the sight of all those big scary dogs.

anyways, with it feeling so nice out now, i thought i would share a picture of the daffodils that i helped mom bring in from the yard. they're really swell, though i wish they were edible. u can't eat them, right? just thought i should check.

toodley-doo!
b.

10 comments:

ShellyVP said...

How cute!! Don't tell Buddy cause he'll want to go there too and it's a long ride from here. Happy Monday to you & yours

kalyxcorn said...

happy monday! did u tell u i made a new friend named buddy at the flea market yesterday? he wasn't even a doxie - he was a rat terrier. and he had these things between his legs that i just couldn't stop sniffin. i gotta ask mom where i can get me a pair of those. :) b

Bludog said...

Chicago is a great city for the "al fresco" experience (you know - for when you move here!), and we take the whole threesome with us. Max is always fantastic - he lays down next to the table and doesn't stir, and Honey is getting good at it, too, but I do have to pay more attention to her. We could take Max without a leash - he's that good. But Molly ... Molly has to sit in my lap the entire time. She's very quiet and good, but only when she is up high enough to see the table. I'm sure people think we are nuts - and I guess we are, so there!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, once again, for my daily laugh. I love your blog so much!! You are so clever and have a wonderful way with words. Thank you for sharing Baxter's daily life with us. I nearly died laughing when I read this post and the one a few back about the "lunch lady." Hilarious!

Alicia said...

Very pretty flowers Baxter. Don't eat any narcissus, but you can have some clean pansy flowers and dust them with sugar!
You can get a pair of those things from your vet but I don't think they're worth the bother. Really.

Woofs,
Oskar

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee, miss bludog, i'll eat with u guys anytime!

o thank u anonymous. sometimes i wonder why my life is so funny, but u know, i think u humans r pretty funny too! in a fun funny way!!

thank u for the tip miss alicia. since i am kinda prone to packin on the pounds, i am thinking i should save my calories anyway for the good stuff. u know, like rawhide n kitty kittie treats! :)

Dovey said...

What a beautiful picture! I could use a bunch of daffodils right now too =)

Lorenza said...

Baxter!
Sounds like a pawesome time!
Glad you barked at them. It is important to make sure they know you are there in charge!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kyley and Ammo the Dachshund said...

oh the perils of the dachshund bark! haha.

It was definitely a challenge for me to train it out of ammo - well I guess more like "gaining control" of his barking. Atleast now he knows when and where he's allowed to bark, and I have a command to snap him out of it should he forget. :)

I can't wait for warmer weather so I can start dining out with my boy again!

kalyxcorn said...

hee, yeah b has one of those too, but i totally need to work on reinforcing it. it'll help that we'll be going to more outdoor places with the warmer weather. b's hasn't had to behave much with other dogs during the winter - for him it's was all about barking at all the passerby dogs, and dang if his barking didn't "successfully" make them leave....!